- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Wenger Rules Out David Villa Move
With just a few days remaining of the January transfer window Arsenal fans are still waiting to see our first new signing. A whole host of names have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks, none-more-so than Barcelona hitman David Villa with the Mirror one of several media outlets reporting that Wenger was lining up a late move for the Spaniard.
However, speaking at his weekly press conference ahead of this weekends FA Cup clash with Brighton today, the boss has denied the speculation, claiming “he’s not on the case”. He’s quoted as saying by talkSPORT:
“We have been linked with David Villa but nothing concrete there, We are not on the case.”
Typical Wenger, I wouldn’t have expected anything else from him. Do these comments actually mean he has no interest? No. As we should all know by now, Arsene plays his cards very close to his chest and gives little away. He claimed he didn’t know who Santi Cazorla was just days before we signed him!
But it doesn’t mean we’re going to sign Villa either. There is a long, long way to go before that happens. But I have the feeling the boss will make a late attempt to try and bring him to Arsenal, whether Barcelona agree to let him go is another question though.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
However, the closer we get to deadline day the more Gooners begin to worry we’re going to be left empty-handed once again. The squad is clearly short and two players are the minimum we need. If we fail to bring in any new faces, I fear the boss is in for an unprecidented backlash from the fans, even if we manage to get fourth this season.
Do you think Wenger will buy? Get involved in the comments section below.