- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
[Teams] Arsenal vs Blackburn: Vermaelen Starts, Wilshere On The Bench
Arsenal welcome Championship outfit Blackburn Rovers to the Emirates this afternoon for their FA Cup fifth round tie.
We came out on top in a five-goal thriller against Brighton in the previous round and victory today would see us through to the last 8 and in with a real shout of ending our well-documented trophy drought.
Boss Arsene Wenger has taken a huge gamble by starting captain Thomas Vermaelen for the game today. The skipper has proven his fitness after missing the last three games with an ankle injury and starts despite Bayern Munich being just around the corner.
Francis Coquelin comes in at right back while Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby and Gervinho all return to the starting eleven. Here are the confirmed line-ups for the game:
Szczesny, Coquelin, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud
Subs: Mannone, Sagna, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski
Kean, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Williamson, Lowe, Markus Olsson, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.
Subs: Usai, Givet, Fabio Nunes, Rekik, Nuno Gomes, Goodwillie, Bentley
Now we’ve seen the teams, what’s your score prediction for the game? Leave your suggestions in the comments section below.