- Liverpool Confident Of Signing £65m Chelsea & Man Utd Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd ‘On Verge’ Of Wrapping Up £86m Deal For World Class Hitman
- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
- Man Utd Plotting Audacious £80m Swoop On Tottenham
Arsenal Join Barcelona In Scouting UAE Attacker
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal join Barcelona in scouting Omar Abdulrahman.
Arsenal have joined Spanish giants Barcelona in scouting United Arab Emirates attacker Omar Abdulrahman with both clubs eyeing a potential summer move, according to the Daily Mail.
The report claims the Catalans were first alerted to the 21-year-old’s talent after watching him play for the UAE at the 2012 London Olympics and it’s now understood that Arsenal have joined Barca in monitoring the playmakers progress.
The Mail suggest that Arsene Wenger has instructed his team of scouts to attend Al Ain games on a regular basis in order to watch the talented youngster in action ahead of a potential summer move, but we may face stiff competition for his signature with the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Schalke and Malaga also said to be tracking him as well as Barcelona.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
Abdulrahman joined Al Ain as a youth team player in 2007 but was soon promoted to the senior set-up and made his debut for the club in January 2009 aged just 17. He’s now made 66 appearances for the first team, scoring 25 goals as well as providing 23 assists, so he’s certainly a danger in the final third.
The Mail claim Abdulrahman’s representatives are already holding talks with interested clubs over a summer move and it seems if we’re to make an official bid for the player, we’re going to face some serious competition.