- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Arsenal Injury Blow As Walcott Picks Up Groin Strain
Here we go again Gooners. It’s international week which usually means injuries, and it looks like the curse has struck again with Theo Walcott being ruled out of England’s World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro with a groin injury.
Theo is understood to have picked up the problem in training on Thursday night and will fly back to England to be assessed by Arsenal’s medical staff over the next few days.
The Independent seem to think the injury will rule him out for 10 days, which if accurate means he’ll miss our home game with Reading next Saturday, but knowing our luck with injuries it will be worse than first thought and he’ll be kept on the sidelines for an extended period of time.
This isn’t me just being pessimistic, I’m speaking through years of experience! We always seem to get injuries at the worst time and they always seem to start off as 10-14 day problems and somehow develop into the player in question being kept on the sidelines for 3 months.
But fingers crossed Walcott’s groin injury isn’t bad and he can take part against the Royals next weekend, and lets also hope no other Arsenal players pick up any more untimely injuries during this international break. It’s the last thing we need as we enter the final stages of the season and push for the ‘top-four trophy’ we all crave.