- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Wenger Eyeing Defensive Duo As PSG Prepare £8m Sagna Bid
Despite the transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, two Arsenal linked with two replacements for Bacary Sagna.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is already preparing for life without right-back Bacary Sagna as PSG line up an £8m bid for the French defender, according to the Sun.
The 30-year-old has just over a year remaining on his current contract at the Emirates and and the report claims talks are stalling over an extension, with the Gunners said to be sticking to their policy of only offering players over 30 one-year deals.
The Sun claims Sagna will be off this summer with Paris Saint-Germain set to bid £8m for defender and believe Wenger has identified 22-year-old Sochaux full-back Sebastien Corchia as the ideal replacement.
However, while the Mirror agree that Sagna will leave north London at the end of the season they suggest Arsenal are in fact keeping tabs on Feyenoord’s Daryl Janmaat and understand the 23-year-old could be the man to replace the experience Frenchman this summer.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
I’ve always been a huge fan of Sagna’s and believe he’s been one of our most consistent players over the past few years (when fit), so I’ll be sad to see him go if he does leave this summer. But we have an able deputy in young Carl Jenkinson, who has come on leaps and bounds in recent months, so if Arsene does bring in either Corchia or Janmaat they better be ready to fight for the right-back jersey.
Will you be sad to see Sagna leave this summer? Do you think Jenkinson has what it takes to be first choice next season? Get involved in the comments section below.