- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Wenger Eyeing Defensive Duo As PSG Prepare £8m Sagna Bid
Despite the transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, two Arsenal linked with two replacements for Bacary Sagna.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is already preparing for life without right-back Bacary Sagna as PSG line up an £8m bid for the French defender, according to the Sun.
The 30-year-old has just over a year remaining on his current contract at the Emirates and and the report claims talks are stalling over an extension, with the Gunners said to be sticking to their policy of only offering players over 30 one-year deals.
The Sun claims Sagna will be off this summer with Paris Saint-Germain set to bid £8m for defender and believe Wenger has identified 22-year-old Sochaux full-back Sebastien Corchia as the ideal replacement.
However, while the Mirror agree that Sagna will leave north London at the end of the season they suggest Arsenal are in fact keeping tabs on Feyenoord’s Daryl Janmaat and understand the 23-year-old could be the man to replace the experience Frenchman this summer.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
I’ve always been a huge fan of Sagna’s and believe he’s been one of our most consistent players over the past few years (when fit), so I’ll be sad to see him go if he does leave this summer. But we have an able deputy in young Carl Jenkinson, who has come on leaps and bounds in recent months, so if Arsene does bring in either Corchia or Janmaat they better be ready to fight for the right-back jersey.
Will you be sad to see Sagna leave this summer? Do you think Jenkinson has what it takes to be first choice next season? Get involved in the comments section below.