Connect with us

Arsenal

Preferred Arsenal Line-Up To Play Swansea – Agree With The Surprise Inclusion?

Arsenal get back to Premier League action when they take on Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday. Here’s my predicted starting eleven for the game.

Carl Jenkinson

Photo: football365

Arsenal get back to Premier League action when they take on Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday night.

We currently sit top of the table heading into this weekends round of fixtures and we continued our excellent recent run with a hard fought victory over West Brom in the League Cup on Wednesday night.

Due to the current lengthy injury list, Arsene Wenger was forced to play a weakened line-up for the game but it gave many of the first team a well deserved rest.

The likes of Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Aaron Ramsey, Olivier Giroud, Mesut Ozil, Wojciech Szczesny, Kieran Gibbs and Laurent Koscielny were left at home and they can all expect to be recalled for this weekends trip to Wales.

Mikel Arteta made a successful comeback on Wednesday, making his first start of the season, but he was withdrawn late on with cramp and I don’t expect he’ll start again this weekend. The team practicaly picks itself these days but the one area of contention is who fills in for Theo Walcott while he’s out injured.

Serge Gnabry started against Stoke on Sunday and did OK, but I was a little disappointed with him against West Brom. He’s also played a lot of minutes over the past 4 days so I’d like to see us do something different and start Carl Jenkinson on the right wing this Saturday.

He was excellent against the Baggies and was our main attacking threat, despite playing at right-back. We all know Jenks loves to get forward and he’s got an excellent delivery on him, so I could see him being a real threat when given more freedom further up the field. He’d also provide that extra defensive support to Sagna which will be important, especially away from home.

So I’d like to see this eleven play:

What do you think of the team? Would you start Jenkinson on the right? Share your views below.

61 Comments

61 Comments

1. atid

September 26, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I would prefer nacho on the left and jack on the right.

2. Roger

September 26, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Considering our limited availability of wide men, that is not a bad idea, not bad at all.

3. Folorunsho Mathew

September 26, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I wish him good luck if he can makes it.

4. Reality check

September 26, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Jenkinson on the right has to take the award as Most Stupid Idea of the season!

Arteta will start and Ramsey will switch. Inevitable

• OMGArsenal

September 26, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Reality check….I think you just cashed an insufficient mental funds one with that comment. What is wrong with that idea? Jenks is right footed AND has shown that he can play effectively beside our attacking midfielders plus he can send in very appetizing crosses and he has pace. I know Wenger is more conservative but the idea has merit, unlike your lazy and ill-considered comment!

• TopGunner

September 26, 2013 at 11:42 pm

The comment of The so called “Reality check” shows how shallow his manners and football acumen are. The option muted actually sounds pretty good considering Jenks display in mid-week. He’ll give both defensive and attacking stability on that right side if picked – great suggestion, hope it happens.

• Twig

September 26, 2013 at 10:18 pm

If Monreal can play LW, why can’t Jenkinson play RW? :-/ That’s actually the lineup I would like to see myself.

• Allan1340

September 27, 2013 at 12:20 am

I am agree with you , he’s good but not in that position , the lad is not good dribbler , Gnabry has been good if he is not tired then we have Arteta or Sagna change place with Jenkinson.

5. georzu

September 26, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I d like ryo on the right…

6. emmanuel

September 26, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Wud go for the same line up against stoke city. Winning is sure

7. Haddis.m

September 26, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Ramsey in right is good idea.

8. Timothy UG

September 26, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I do also prefer Ryo on tha right hiz more techincal,defensive n has pace, may second half Nacho or Arteta switch in

• amorillon

September 26, 2013 at 11:23 pm

hang on. you think that Ryo is more defensive than Jenkinson?

9. Suleiman

September 26, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Play tomas esfiel on d right wing I think is will be more beta dan jenkinson,Ryo or gnabry gunner333 4 life.

10. Prince 'Gbenga

September 26, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Jenkinson is okay on that wing since Sagna stay at the back. Note that he’s right footed, he should prove he can deliver going forward as I wish him goodluck.

11. Piers Morgan

September 26, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Take a break man .. serge gnabry will start at RW. Jenks will be on the bench.
    Give that kid sometime to adjust to the premier league .. Wenger will start Gnabry and hopefully will stick with him before Rosicky or Theo come in. Its good to have a another player competing for that spot.

• DudeNoDude

September 26, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Gnabry YES, Jenks NO

12. DudeNoDude

September 26, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Monreal YES, Flamini NO

13. Uzor Chukwudi

September 26, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Gnabry, a complete waste. Jerkinson at RW.. Hell NO!

Arteta n Flamini in the middle, Rambo will operate from the right

14. am

September 26, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I got a feeling Bellerin may force himself in an attacking position after last nights cameo.

Gnabry or Ryo more likely.

15. Phil

September 26, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Monreal at left back, Gibbs at left wing. Jack on the right

16. Rufus

September 26, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Lets b sincere nd drop sentiments 4 a moment…Ryo miyaichi is nt as gud as he is presented…am nt being critical neida am i saying he is nt a prospect…probably he’ll cm gud bt 4 nw he is poor by my judgements…as 4 eisfield nd gnabry as wel as zelalem dia talents are more glaring dan ryo’s

• jingo

September 26, 2013 at 11:37 pm

im sure u also once said aaron ramsey was no good!

17. nteh

September 26, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Why alter the lineup(winning team) ? Even though I will agree to the fact that Gnabry had a bad game against wesbrom,He is better than jek on the right wing.infact he is better than any arsenal player currently available.so he will start the game against swansea.but if jek shld play on the right,still a good move.I rest my case.

18. Benneth

September 26, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Of only arteta was fitt,i would recomended that ramsey play right wing and arteta will fill in defensive midfield.Since the case is like this i will go for the same squad that took on stoke to start.Goodluck……

19. Rufus

September 26, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Jingo get me nd dnt misundastnd me i didnt xay he wil neva b gud nor did i xay he won’t cm gud..al am xayin is dat he is nt as gud as he is presented albeit he is tryin his best bt he hasnt rili impresd…wen he comes gud he’l b lauded bt 4 nw dat he is below par he shuld go nd improve himself

20. Stuwill

September 27, 2013 at 12:00 am

Worrying how many people want to push Ramsey out wide. Since he moved to the middle at the back end of last season easily our best CM. Ramsey has to play in the middle end of story. Either Jenkinson or Gnabry wide right although for me preferably Gnabry.

21. Elewure

September 27, 2013 at 12:12 am

Decisions on who plays what role in the team lies with the coach, why fighting a useless course. None of us attend their training session to know their current fitness and if we do, tactics to use will be determined by the coaching crew. Besides, how many of us receive a coaching course?

22. Elewure

September 27, 2013 at 12:16 am

23. segun showande

September 27, 2013 at 12:27 am

Ramsy wil retain his cm role for now. jenkenson at Rw is not bad but i think serge wil start.

24. adam

September 27, 2013 at 1:44 am

I totally agree! Some of the runs Jenkins on made I think there was one especially in the last part of extra time had me thinking Jenkins on was Wilshere!

Those who are against the idea obviously need to see the match!

However I have also been saying for Tims now I would like to see Thomas Eisfield given a few more matches in the team

25. ruelandp

September 27, 2013 at 1:46 am

Arteta will not be starting much games for us, so he will have to settle with coming off the bench, to sure up our midfield or to rest flamini, dont see ramsay moving from a position he is thriving in, Gnarby will be the favorite for the wide position, with ryo as sub another interesting one that could be added is bellerin, he loves going forward and taking shots. With theoout i think its the chance for these 3 youngsters to stake a claim the first team stop

26. Teejay

September 27, 2013 at 2:07 am

I think the line up is good but still subjected to the coach technical decision

27. Canada

September 27, 2013 at 2:41 am

Anyone who suggests shunting Ramsey, our undisputed best player so far this year, out of central midfield, is an idiot.

Gnabry or Ryo start. Maybe Jenks if le prof is feeling adventurous…so probably Gnabry or Ryo.

28. sammie

September 27, 2013 at 2:54 am

first and foremost, I want to say ‘welldone boys’ to our youngsters. but frankly speaking, only few positive could be drawn from that match against west brom.
    ryo: he tried his best but critically he was poor. he can improve but as at last match, he was not in good form. he can hardly hold the ball for ten seconds, his crosses were poor and lacks confidence to take on one or two defenders. I was a little disappointed but i hope he will improve.
    Gnabry: he was better than ryo yesterday bcos his confidence was able to sustain him. he is strong, good dribbler though only few of his dribles were successful and as far as I am concerned, he will make a good supporting striker rather than a wing man. he looks tired though but his prospect can easily be seen.
    eisfield: he was not visible at all. he was easily dispossesed, he has poor ball movement and low confidence. he made the match a little tough for bendtner. but i must say he took his goal very well. I wont be surprised if he later becomes a striker cos he just knows how to score when he is in the box. that I have noticed of him but his team play was so poor.
    Hayden: started poorly bcos I think he was scared of making mistakes. his passes were too slow and careful. but later he picked up himself and he had a great second half. he was the best among his pairs as at yesterday.
    on the match generally, I thinks the experience backline was what held us up. our back four defended well.
    on the Swansea match, I don’t expect any of our youngster to play cos of the extra time play. I am looking forward to seeing sagna and kocielny playing d cb cos we all know that mertesacker and vermaleen always find it hard to handle michu. with jenks and Gibbs on rb and lb respectively. I will personally like to see wilshere play from rw and try to imitate messi/robben kind of play. Ramsey on the right wing and then d trio of arteta, flamini and ozil at the centre of the midfield with Giroux upfront. if we are going to field any youngster, that should be akpom or gnabry.
    I hope for the best and that is a win.

29. emmanuel

September 27, 2013 at 4:33 am

my own option is that wenger should bench sagna nd use jekinson at rightback, but about theo replacement ll av them in the team but wenger should follow my advice nd use the german young gifted player to do justice to that role i mean THOMAS EAFIED.

30. Kauma

September 27, 2013 at 5:45 am

Hey guys,why not bedtner on the rw?i remeber he once prayd there