- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
- Man Utd Plotting Audacious £80m Swoop On Tottenham
- Arsenal Blow: Mesut Ozil A Doubt To Face Liverpool After Missing Training
- Mourinho Ready To Launch Audacious Swoop For £27m Chelsea Star
[Video Goals] West Ham 0-2 Man Utd: Zlatan Seals Controversial Utd Win
Manchester United moved up to fifth in the Premier League table thanks to a controversial 2-0 victory over West Ham at the London Stadium this evening.
It was a nightmare start for the Hammers as Sofiane Feghouli was shown a straight red card by referee Mike Dean following a challenge on Phil Jones in the 15th minute – although replays suggested it was it was an extremely harsh decision.
West Ham fought bravely with 10-men and should have taken a surprise lead but Michail Antonio missed a one-on-one with David De Gea midway through the second half as the Spanish keeper saved well with his feet.
That miss proved to be crucial as United went straight up the other end and opened the scoring as Juan Mata swept home following some excellent work by Marcus Rashford down the left side.
If West Ham thought they were hard done by with the sending off then they were left fuming when Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s strike in the 78th minute was allowed to stand as the Swedish star was at least one yard offside.
United eased to a 2-0 win which sees them climb above Tottenham in to fifth spot in the table and to within just one point of fourth-placed Arsenal.
Watch the goals here: