Chelsea Confident Of Beating Man Utd To Sign £75m-Rated Hitman

By on March 15, 2017

The January transfer window is now closed but we can still look at deals that failed to get across the line and those being lined-up for the summer. Today, Chelsea are confident of landing Romelu Lukaku…

Chelsea are confident of beating the likes of Manchester United to the signing of Romelu Lukaku this summer after he made it clear he won’t sign a new deal at Everton, according to the Mirror.

Lukaku has become one of the most prolific strikers in the Premier League since joining Everton from Chelsea on an initial loan deal in 2013 before his move was made permanent the following summer.

The Belgian international has scored at least 20 goals in each of the last four seasons and is already on that figure this campaign to keep himself right in the mix for the Golden Boot.

Lukaku has been strongly linked with a move to a number of clubs in recent months and the striker threw his future in to serious doubt with the Mirror claiming that he’s informed Everton that he won’t sign a new £140,000-a-week contract.

The newspaper says that despite the 23-year-old’s agent, Mino Raiola, suggesting last month that a deal was close Lukaku has now informed the Toffees he won’t sign a new deal unless a release clause of no more than £70m is included.

This bombshell has alerted several clubs with the Mirror claiming that Chelsea and Man Utd are leading the race in England while the likes of Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Juventus have also shown an interest.

United are expected to be in the market for a new striker this summer with Wayne Rooney tipped to leave Old Trafford while Zlatan Ibrahimovic is yet to sign a new deal and Jose Mourinho has seemingly identified Lukaku as a potential signing.

However, the Mirror suggest that Chelsea are confident they can win the race for the strikers signature and lure him back to Stamford Bridge four years after he was forced to leave the club in search of regular football.

antonio conte chelsea

The newspaper says that the Blues beleive Lukaku feels he has unfinished business at the club and the champions-elect can also offer him the Champions League football he craves.

Antonio Conte is expected to be after another top striker this summer to help ease the burden on Diego Costa with Michy Batshuayi set to leave following a disappointing debut season in England.

The west Londoners were strongly linked with Lukaku last summer and the Mirror indicate that Everton made it clear they wouldn’t sell for anything less than £75m having rejected Chelsea’s £57m bid.

READ MORE –> Chelsea transfer news | Man Utd transfer news

With Lukaku now approaching the final year of his contract the Goodison Park club may now have to cash-in on their prized asset but we’ll have to wait and see whether Chelsea will be prepared to pay the £75m this time around.

It’s certainly going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the coming months but I think Lukaku would be a sensational signing for any club this summer.

Best of the web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *