- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
Chelsea Linked With Barcelona Raid
Chelsea are set to raid Barcelona’s B team once again for youngster Sergi Roberto, according to the Daily Mail.
The Blues snatched Oriol Romeu from the Catalans second string squad last summer and have been impressed with how he’s developed during his first year at the club. So much so that the Daily Mail claims that Chelsea are now ready to prize another highly-rated youngster from the Spanish giants.
Former boss Andre Villas-Boas was linked with a move for Roberto last December but despite his departure, Chelsea’s interest in the 20-year-old remains.
The report suggests Roman Abramovich could sanction a £6.5m bid, but Barcelona have so far rejected all advances for the talented midfielder and there are plans in place for new coach Tito Vilanova to introduce him to the first team squad next season.
However, much could depend on the future of Seydou Keita, who is out of contract this summer. Vilanova is keen for the Mali international to remain at the Camp Nou and if he manages to persuade him into staying, Barca may be tempted to sell Roberto with a deal that included a buy-back clause, much like the deal that saw Romeu move last summer.
Would you like to see Roberto at Stamford Bridge? Get involved in the comments section.