- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Walcott & Carroll Benched By Hodgson For Ukraine Test
Theo Walcott and Andy Carroll will start from the bench tonight for England’s decisive clash with Ukraine, according to the Daily Mail.
Arsenal forward Walcott was the impetus for Friday’s 3-2 win over Sweden, coming off the bench to score the equaliser and set up Danny Welbeck’s winner.
His cameo performance was expected to earn the 22-year-old a starting place against Ukraine this evening but it looks like Roy Hodgson has decided to stick with James Milner on the right side of midfield, despite the Man City midfielder drawing criticism for his display’s so far, and once again use Walcott as an impact sub if required.
Liverpool striker Andy Carroll may also feel a little unlucky to be dropped after his fine headed opener against Sweden. With the return of Wayne Rooney, Hogdson had to decide between Carroll and Welbeck for the chop and he’s decided to go with the Manchester United team mates up top.
England must avoid defeat to ensure safe passage to the quarter final stages but will be hoping to better France’s result against Sweden so they can avoid a clash with Spain.
Do you think Hodgson has picked the right team? Get involved in the comments section.