- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Arsenal Transfer News: Chief Confirms Gunners Close To £13m Signing
Montpellier vice president Laurent Nicollin has confirmed Arsenal are close to clinching the signing of striker Olivier Giroud.
The 25-year-old scored 25 goals last season to help Montpellier land their first ever Ligue 1 title, resulting in interest from some of Europe’s top clubs.
The Gunners have been strongly linked with a move for the French hitman in recent months as boss Arsene Wenger looks to add to the arrival of German striker Lukas Podolski.
According to the Independent, Montpellier’s vice president Nicollin is quoted as saying talks with Arsenal are progressing very well after the North London outfit triggered Giroud’s release clause in his contract, believed to be around £13m.
When quizzed about talks with Arsenal over Giroud, Nicollin is quoted in the Independent as saying:
“Discussions are happening and going well, as part of the (release) clause set. Things are moving serenely,”
Arsene Wenger is trying to offload the likes of Nicklas Bendtner, Marouane Chamakh and Carlos Vela to make room for Giroud in his squad, and the acquisition will hopefully be further proof to captain Robin van Persie that the Gunners mean business next season.
Are you excited by the imminent arrival of Giroud? Get involved in the comments section.