- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
Transfer News: Gunners Look To Beat London Rivals To Highly-Rated Attacker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal are linked with Wilfred Zaha.
Arsenal have stepped-up their interest in Crystal Palace attacker Wilfred Zaha and will look to beat rivals Chelsea and Tottenham to his signing in January, according to the Daily Mail.
Zaha has become one of the hottest prospects outside the Premier League after breaking into the Palace side in 2010 aged just 17.
The now 19-year-old has gone on to make over 100 appearances for the Championship side, scoring 14 goals in the process, and his impressive form has attracted interest from a host of Premiership clubs.
Arsenal are understood to be leading the race ahead of London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham, while Manchester City have also been credited with interest.
The Gunners have scouted Zaha on several occasions in recent months and stepped up their interest by sending chief scout Steve Rowley to run-the-rule over the England under-21 star during Palace’s 2-1 win at Leicester on Saturday.
Crystal Palace had hoped to hang on to the attacker after fending off interest in the summer, but they are expected to receive several bids in January when the transfer window re-opens with Arsenal hoping to pip the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham to his signature.
Would you like Zaha at your club? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.