- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
Romeu Set For January Move After Agent Meets With Valencia
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Oriol Romeu is linked with a move.
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge after his agent met with La Liga side Valencia over the weekend to discuss a January move, according to talkSPORT.
The Spaniard’s advisor Magico Diaz was pictured by local Valecian press, Superdeporte, entering the Los Che offices and it’s understood he met with Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez.
The La Liga outfit are hoping to sign Romeu on loan for the second half of the season, but the deal will include the option to make the move permanent in the summer.
The 21-year-old is said to be increasingly frustrated with his lack of first team action under Roberto Di Matteo. He started last season as a regular under former boss Andre Villas-Boas but found himself on the bench when Di Matteo took over in March and has made just four appearances in all competitions this season.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Valencia tried to sign Romeu before he moved to Chelsea in 2011 and it seems they have resurrected their interest in the player. However, Barcelona are understood to have first option to buy him back so they will have to make their position clear next summer should Valencia wish to make the loan deal permanent.
Would Chelsea fans be sad to see Romeu leave the club? Get involved in the comments section.