- Jurgen Klopp Rules Out Replacing Sacked David Moyes At Man Utd
- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
Romeu Set For January Move After Agent Meets With Valencia
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Oriol Romeu is linked with a move.
The Spaniard’s advisor Magico Diaz was pictured by local Valecian press, Superdeporte, entering the Los Che offices and it’s understood he met with Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez.
The La Liga outfit are hoping to sign Romeu on loan for the second half of the season, but the deal will include the option to make the move permanent in the summer.
The 21-year-old is said to be increasingly frustrated with his lack of first team action under Roberto Di Matteo. He started last season as a regular under former boss Andre Villas-Boas but found himself on the bench when Di Matteo took over in March and has made just four appearances in all competitions this season.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Valencia tried to sign Romeu before he moved to Chelsea in 2011 and it seems they have resurrected their interest in the player. However, Barcelona are understood to have first option to buy him back so they will have to make their position clear next summer should Valencia wish to make the loan deal permanent.
Would Chelsea fans be sad to see Romeu leave the club? Get involved in the comments section.