- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
United Line-up Renewed Bid For Serie A Hotshot
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Manchester United are linked with Erik Lamela.
Manchester United have renewed their interest in Roma starlet Erik Lamela and are preparing a January move, according to talkSPORT.
Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to be a huge admirer of the 20-year-old’s after tracking him for some time and saw a £13m offer rejected by the Italian outfit in the summer. However, Fergie is ready to try his luck once more and is preparing an improved offer when the transfer window re-opens this January.
Lamela made his name at River Plate as a teenager and earned himself a big-money move to Roma in August 2011 when the Serie A side paid around £12m plus add ons for his services.
Despite Roma enduring a difficult start to the new season, the Argentinean ace has been in excellent form scoring 8 goals in just 11 appearances to make him the divisions top goal-scorer.
Roma are keen to keep hold of the young striker and would only consider cashing in if they are guaranteed to make a hefty profit on the investment they made last summer.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
There has been speculation surrounding the future of Hernandez, who’s said to be increasingly frustrated at his bit-part role at the club, so it could be that Lamela is being lined up as a potential replacement for the Mexican.
Would United fans like to see Lamela replace Hernandez? Or should the Mexican be given more game time to keep him at the club?