- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Germany Midfielder Wants ‘Dream’ Arsenal Move Despite Liverpool Interest
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Lewis Holtby talks-up Arsenal move.
The German international is out of contract at the end of the season and has so far been unable to agree terms over a new deal throwing his future into serious doubt.
Further talks are planned with Schalke as they desperately try to tie him down before January, when he’ll be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club, but he’s expected to reject the German clubs advances and in order to seal his ‘dream’ move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Liverpool are expected to show their interest but the 22-year-old is ready to snub Brendan Rodgers side due to the fact his dad is a life-long Everton fan, leaving Arsenal as clear favourites to sign him.
Arsene Wenger has been tracking the midfielder for some time and was impressed by his performance during Schalke’s shock 2-0 victory at the Emirates last month, and Holtby himself has recently admitted the Gunners are a team he’d love to play for:
“It was a dream to play in the Premier League and it was a team like Arsenal I would like to play for.”
Holtby is quoted as saying by the Daily Star
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is also a huge fan of Holtby’s but with the players British father being a huge Everton fan, it would make it difficult for him to move to the Red half of Merseyside.
Would you like Lewis Holtby at your club? Get involved in the comments section.