- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
Drogba Denied Possible Chelsea Move After FIFA Reject Appeal
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, FIFA deny Drogba request.
Chelsea’s hopes of bringing Didier Drogba’s back to the club on a short-term loan deal have been dashed after FIFA rejected the strikers appeal, according to Sky Sports News.
Drogba has finished the season with Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua and had asked FIFA for special dispensation to allow him to join a European side so he could maintain his match fitness ahead of January’s African Cup of Nations.
Chelsea, where the Ivory Coast international spent eight years before moving to China in the summer, had hoped they could bring him back to Stamford Bridge to provide new boss Rafa Benitez with more attacking options during the busy December period.
However, Sky Sports News have confirmed that FIFA have rejected the 35-year-old’s appeal and upheld it’s rules meaning Drogba would have to wait until January to make any move. However, that’s unlikely with the African Cup of Nations starting on the 19th.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Similar requests have been made in the past by the likes of David Beckham, Thierry Henry and Landon Donovan but FIFA rejected their appeals on each occasion.
Are you disappointed Drogba can’t join Chelsea? Leave your opinion in the comments section.