- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Suarez Can Go For £40m As Chelsea & Man City Circle
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Luis Suarez could leave Liverpool for £40m.
Liverpool are bracing themselves for summer interest in Luis Suarez after it emerged the Chelsea and Man City target has a £40m buy-out clause in this contract, according to the Mirror.
Suarez has been one of the players of the season so far and currently tops the goal-scoring charts with 10 goals. Chelsea and Manchester City have been linked with a move for the Uruguayan hitman in recent weeks but Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has insisted the striker will stay at Anfield.
However, the decision could be taken out of his hands after it emerged that the 25-year-old has a £40m buy-out clause in his contract and there is little Liverpool could do to prevent him moving if that figure is met.
Liverpool will be keen to play-down the existence of the buy-out clause as they are desperate to hang on to their star man. There are no immediate concerns that Suarez would push for a move as he recently signed a new contract that runs until 2016 and hasn’t given any indication he’s unhappy at Anfield.
However, Liverpool currently sit 11th in the league and if they fail to qualify for the Champions League again this season, Chelsea and Man City are ready to try and lure him away from Merseyside and it seems £40m would be enough to land him should the player decide it’s time for a move.
Would you pay £40m for Suarez? Will he look for a move if Liverpool don’t finish in the top four? Get involved in the comments section.