- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Mendes: Falcao January Move ‘Impossible’
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea will have to wait to sign their top target.
Chelsea will be made to wait if they want to sign Columbian hitman Radamel Falcao after his agent confirmed he won’t be moving in January, according to talkSPORT.
The European champions are thought to be in the market for a new front man to provide competition for the miss-firing Fernando Torres, and Falcao is understood to be their number 1 target.
Blues owner Roman Abramovich is willing to spent the huge transfer fee required to land the 26-year-old and was lining up a January bid to try and lure him to Stamford Bridge when the transfer window re-opens.
Premier League champions Manchester City have also been linked but Falcao distanced himself from a move last week and now his agent, Jorge Mendes, has ruled out any possible deal happening this winter.
“It is impossible that Falcao will leave in the January market.”
Mendes is quoted as saying by talkSPORT
With Spanish striker Fernando Torres continuing to struggle in front of goal, it’s believed the Blues will prefer to bring in reinforcements this January, even if it means missing out on Falcao. However, new boss Rafa Benitez is confident he can get the best out of Torres and he may be able to persuade Abramovich to wait until the summer before moving for a new front man.
Should Chelsea wait until the summer to sign Falcao? Or do they need to get another striker in this January? Get involved in the comments section.