- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
Mendes: Falcao January Move ‘Impossible’
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea will have to wait to sign their top target.
Chelsea will be made to wait if they want to sign Columbian hitman Radamel Falcao after his agent confirmed he won’t be moving in January, according to talkSPORT.
The European champions are thought to be in the market for a new front man to provide competition for the miss-firing Fernando Torres, and Falcao is understood to be their number 1 target.
Blues owner Roman Abramovich is willing to spent the huge transfer fee required to land the 26-year-old and was lining up a January bid to try and lure him to Stamford Bridge when the transfer window re-opens.
Premier League champions Manchester City have also been linked but Falcao distanced himself from a move last week and now his agent, Jorge Mendes, has ruled out any possible deal happening this winter.
“It is impossible that Falcao will leave in the January market.”
Mendes is quoted as saying by talkSPORT
With Spanish striker Fernando Torres continuing to struggle in front of goal, it’s believed the Blues will prefer to bring in reinforcements this January, even if it means missing out on Falcao. However, new boss Rafa Benitez is confident he can get the best out of Torres and he may be able to persuade Abramovich to wait until the summer before moving for a new front man.
Should Chelsea wait until the summer to sign Falcao? Or do they need to get another striker in this January? Get involved in the comments section.