- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Mendes: Falcao January Move ‘Impossible’
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea will have to wait to sign their top target.
Chelsea will be made to wait if they want to sign Columbian hitman Radamel Falcao after his agent confirmed he won’t be moving in January, according to talkSPORT.
The European champions are thought to be in the market for a new front man to provide competition for the miss-firing Fernando Torres, and Falcao is understood to be their number 1 target.
Blues owner Roman Abramovich is willing to spent the huge transfer fee required to land the 26-year-old and was lining up a January bid to try and lure him to Stamford Bridge when the transfer window re-opens.
Premier League champions Manchester City have also been linked but Falcao distanced himself from a move last week and now his agent, Jorge Mendes, has ruled out any possible deal happening this winter.
“It is impossible that Falcao will leave in the January market.”
Mendes is quoted as saying by talkSPORT
With Spanish striker Fernando Torres continuing to struggle in front of goal, it’s believed the Blues will prefer to bring in reinforcements this January, even if it means missing out on Falcao. However, new boss Rafa Benitez is confident he can get the best out of Torres and he may be able to persuade Abramovich to wait until the summer before moving for a new front man.
Should Chelsea wait until the summer to sign Falcao? Or do they need to get another striker in this January? Get involved in the comments section.