- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Arsenal Injury Update: Sagna & Koscielny
Speaking to Arsenal.com, Wenger gave the latest on Bacary Sagna and Laurent Koscielny as well as several players who have minor ‘bumps and bruises’ following Wednesday nights intense encounter with Everton at Goodison Park.
Frenchman Koscielny was forced off after just four minutes after picking up a thigh problem, and it looks like he’s set to be on the sidelines for around three weeks.
Right back Sagna played the entire 90 minutes but Arsene revealed he got a knock to his foot in the early stages of the game and is considered a big doubt for the weekend’s action. Despite the bruising encounter, the boss is confident everybody else will be fit to face the Swans on Saturday. Here is what he told Arsenal.com:
on the latest developments…
From Wednesday night there are lots of bumps and bruises as you might expect but one serious doubt is Bacary Sagna with his foot.
on Sagna’s injury…
He got a knock at the start of the game when he cleared a ball. It is inflamed and he is a big doubt.
on those bumps and bruises…
Everyone else should recover
It is a muscular problem, a thigh problem. That is normally three weeks.
With Koscielny ruled out, Thomas Vermaelen is expected to partner Per Mertesacker in the centre of the defence with Kieran Gibbs on the left. This is how we lined up when Kos went off on Wednesday and we looked pretty solid, apart from a few hairy moments caused by the impressive Fellaini.
Jenkinson will step in if Sagna is ruled out and a back-line of Jenko – Per – Vermaelen – Gibbs should be enough to contain Swansea this weekend.
What would your defensive line-up be if Sagna joins Koscielny on the sidelines?