- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Serie A Stopper Dismisses Manchester United Move Reports
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Angelo Ogbonna dismisses rumours he’s set to move to Man Utd.
Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna has dismissed reports he’s set to move to Manchester United in January, according to talkSPORT.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has sent scouts to watch the 24-year-old on several occasions this season and is understood to be hugely impressed with the Italian international’s superb displays at the back for Torino.
With Rio Ferdinand’s long-term future at Old Trafford up in the air and doubts over the fitness of Nemanja Vidic after two serious knee injuries, Ferguson was reported to be readying a move for the highly-rated central defender when the transfer window re-opens in January.
However, Ogbonna has dismissed the reports as nothing more than speculation and insists he’s not leaving Turin any time soon. When quizzed about reported interest from Man Utd, Ogbonna is quoted as saying by talkSPORT:
“I am in Turin – where else should I go?
“My agent has not called me about anything and we all know rumours go on this time of year.”
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Ogbonna has been capped five times by Italy so far in his career and is regarded as one of the country’s most promising defenders. He’s been with Torino since the age of 18 and has made nearly 120 appearances for the club during his six years in Turin.
Would you like to see Ogbonna at Old Trafford? Or should Ferguson be concentrating on other areas? Get involved in the comments section below.