- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Serie A Stopper Dismisses Manchester United Move Reports
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Angelo Ogbonna dismisses rumours he’s set to move to Man Utd.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has sent scouts to watch the 24-year-old on several occasions this season and is understood to be hugely impressed with the Italian international’s superb displays at the back for Torino.
With Rio Ferdinand’s long-term future at Old Trafford up in the air and doubts over the fitness of Nemanja Vidic after two serious knee injuries, Ferguson was reported to be readying a move for the highly-rated central defender when the transfer window re-opens in January.
However, Ogbonna has dismissed the reports as nothing more than speculation and insists he’s not leaving Turin any time soon. When quizzed about reported interest from Man Utd, Ogbonna is quoted as saying by talkSPORT:
“I am in Turin – where else should I go?
“My agent has not called me about anything and we all know rumours go on this time of year.”
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Ogbonna has been capped five times by Italy so far in his career and is regarded as one of the country’s most promising defenders. He’s been with Torino since the age of 18 and has made nearly 120 appearances for the club during his six years in Turin.
Would you like to see Ogbonna at Old Trafford? Or should Ferguson be concentrating on other areas? Get involved in the comments section below.