- Agent Confirms Unhappy Attacker ‘Wants To Leave’ Arsenal This Summer
- Mourinho To Launch £30m Raid On Arsenal If Man Utd Boss Fails To Land Chelsea Star
- Tottenham Eyeing Audacious Swoop On Man Utd For £36m Attacker
- Player Confirms Interest As Man Utd Eye Audacious Swoop For £40m Chelsea Star
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool Over Signing Of £15m International
- Liverpool Ready To Table Audacious £40m Bid For World Class Hitman
Fergie Rules Out January Spending
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out making any new signings in the January transfer window, according to Sky Sports News.
United currently sit top of the Premier League table and six points clear of second-placed Manchester City as we approach the half-way point of the season.
As ever, there has been plenty of speculation in the newspapers linking United with moves when the transfer window re-opens next month. However, when asked if he was looking to strengthen any particular area of his squad, Ferguson ruled out making any new signings and claimed all the big transfers are conducted in the summer. The United boss is quoted as saying by Sky Sports News:
“No. The January transfer market has never been the best market and that has proved itself over the years.
“You get very few big transfers – all the big transfers are done in the summer.”
Read more Man Utd transfer news
January has never been Fergie’s favourite month for bringing in new players. The only significant deals I can recall in recent winter’s was when Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic were signed in 2006 and Anders Lindegaard in 2011.
Despite having an uncharacteristically leaky defence during the early parts of the season, United’s firepower has ensured they’re still in pole position in the league and are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.
Vidic is back fit again and the squad is in good shape, so I wouldn’t be expecting a lot of action at Old Trafford next month, despite all the gossip we read in the papers and on the web.
Do you think United need to buy next month? Get involved in the comments section.