- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Demba Ba To Open Talks Other Clubs After Unproductive Chelsea Meeting
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Demba Ba.
Newcastle United striker Demba Ba does not expect to join Chelsea after his representatives held an unproductive meeting with the European champions on Sunday night and he will now open talks with other clubs, according to Sky Sports News.
Ba has been in excellent form this year and scored his 13th goal of the season during the Geordies 7-3 defeat to Arsenal on Saturday.
The report claims that Ba’s agents met with Blues officials on Sunday evening to discuss a potential January move – with the 27-year-old striker understood to have a £7m release clause in his contract which can be activated as of Tuesday.
However, a move to Chelsea now looks unlikely after the players representatives informed Sky Sports that they don’t expect the Senegalese hitman to move to West London after they failed to reach an agreement and they will now begin talks with other clubs – with Arsenal and Tottenham among those said to be interested.
Ba moved to Newcastle on a free transfer from West Ham in June 2011 and has been a huge hit at St James Park, scoring 29 goals in 54 games. But he looks likely to move on in the coming weeks and just as it seemed he was set to move to Stamford Bridge, the door now appears open to a potential move to either Arsenal or Tottenham.
Will the north London duo now seize the moment and make their move for the striker? Let’s see how this develops over the coming days.
Would you like Demba Ba at your club? Get involved in the comments section below.