- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Transfer News: Howedes Linked With Move
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, a German defender is linked with a move to the Premier League.
Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs after postponing talks over a new contract until the end of the season, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool are all interested in the German international centre-back with Premier League scouts understood to regularly check-in on the 24-year-old’s progress.
Howedes has been with Schalke his entire career after signing his first professional contract with the club in 2007 and was handed the armband in 2011. His impressive club form has seen him break into German national team set-up – earning 10 caps so far – and was named in the Germany squad for the 2012 European championships.
talkSPORT claim Howedes has a contract that runs until 2014 but failed to come to an agreement over an extension after holding initial talks with the club, and the player is understood to have put-off further talks until the summer.
I was hugely impressed by Howedes’ performances during Arsenal’s Champions League games with Schalke this season, and it’s easy to see why talkSPORT suggest he’s highly rated in the Bundesliga and is talked about in the same bracket as the likes of Neven Subotic and Mats Hummels.
He would certainly be an asset if he was to come to the Premier League but we’ll have to wait and see if the likes of Arsenal, United and Liverpool follow-up their supposed interest in the defender.
Would you like to see Howedes at your club? Get involved in the comments section below.