- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Transfer News: Howedes Linked With Move
Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes has been linked with a number of Premier League clubs after postponing talks over a new contract until the end of the season, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool are all interested in the German international centre-back with Premier League scouts understood to regularly check-in on the 24-year-old’s progress.
Howedes has been with Schalke his entire career after signing his first professional contract with the club in 2007 and was handed the armband in 2011. His impressive club form has seen him break into German national team set-up – earning 10 caps so far – and was named in the Germany squad for the 2012 European championships.
talkSPORT claim Howedes has a contract that runs until 2014 but failed to come to an agreement over an extension after holding initial talks with the club, and the player is understood to have put-off further talks until the summer.
I was hugely impressed by Howedes’ performances during Arsenal’s Champions League games with Schalke this season, and it’s easy to see why talkSPORT suggest he’s highly rated in the Bundesliga and is talked about in the same bracket as the likes of Neven Subotic and Mats Hummels.
He would certainly be an asset if he was to come to the Premier League but we’ll have to wait and see if the likes of Arsenal, United and Liverpool follow-up their supposed interest in the defender.
Would you like to see Howedes at your club? Get involved in the comments section below.