- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Wenger Turns Down Chance To Sign £8m M’Vila?
The report claims Wenger has been tracking the French midfielder over the past year but despite his interest, has never followed up with a formal bid.
The Metro report that we were given the opportunity to sign M’Vila for a cut-price £8m last week but Wenger is said to to rejected the chance to bring the 22-year-old to the Emirates due to concerns over the players attitude after a string of disciplinary problems.
M’Vila’s agent, Tim Hager, has confirmed Arsenal are yet to make any formal move for the midfielder despite the speculation in the papers:
‘There is interest from a lot of clubs. Yann has a good contract at Rennes – it is possible that we can stay there and be patient,’
‘Every transfer window we are asked about Arsenal because of what the newspapers say, but I have not spoken to them about Yann.’
Tim Hager is quoted as saying by the Metro.
If this report is accurate, I will be gutted. We desperately need a powerful, ball-winning and athletic midfielder to compliment the talents of Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla and Jack Wilshere and M’Vila would fit the bill nicely.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
He would be a great addition to the squad and if we could snap him up for just £8m, it would be a bargain. Yes, he’s got his attitude issues but I’m sure Wenger could tame him. He’s no Balotelli, is he!
If Arsene has turned down the chance to sign M’Vila, let’s hope it’s because he’s got something else lined up soon. We’ve got a crazy busy month ahead and need fresh faces sharpish.
Would you have liked to see Arsenal sign M’Vila? Get involved in the comments section below.