- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Unsettled Brazilian To Finally Make £20m Move?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, more on the future of Willian.
Shakhtar Donetsk are willing to sell play-maker Willian to either Chelsea or Tottenham this month if the London duo match their £20 million valuation, according to the Independent.
The Brazilian has been in superb form for the Ukrainian champions in recent campaigns and was a major factor in Shakhtar finishing above Chelsea in their Champions League group this season.
But the Independent claim he’s keen on a move to the Premier League and would be open to moving to either Chelsea or Tottenham, and his chances of a move this month have been strengthened after Shakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu was left unimpressed by the attacker failing to turn up on time for the club’s winter training camp.
The report suggests that Shakhtar are also planning for life without the unsettled Willian after signing Taison from Metalist Kharkhic last week, with the two Brazilians seen as very similar types of players.
So, could Willian finally get his move to the Premier League this month or will he have to wait a little further? Chelsea have been relatively quiet by their standards in the transfer window so far and Spurs are yet to add to their squad, so either club could be lining up a late move for the player.
However, it’s a difficult month to buy and clubs are usually reluctant to dip in to the winter market so Willian may have to wait until the summer. But with two weeks remaining of the January transfer window there is still plenty of time for business to be done, so watch this space.
Do Chelsea and Spurs fans want Willian? Get involved in the comments section below.