- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Unsettled Brazilian To Finally Make £20m Move?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, more on the future of Willian.
The Brazilian has been in superb form for the Ukrainian champions in recent campaigns and was a major factor in Shakhtar finishing above Chelsea in their Champions League group this season.
But the Independent claim he’s keen on a move to the Premier League and would be open to moving to either Chelsea or Tottenham, and his chances of a move this month have been strengthened after Shakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu was left unimpressed by the attacker failing to turn up on time for the club’s winter training camp.
The report suggests that Shakhtar are also planning for life without the unsettled Willian after signing Taison from Metalist Kharkhic last week, with the two Brazilians seen as very similar types of players.
So, could Willian finally get his move to the Premier League this month or will he have to wait a little further? Chelsea have been relatively quiet by their standards in the transfer window so far and Spurs are yet to add to their squad, so either club could be lining up a late move for the player.
However, it’s a difficult month to buy and clubs are usually reluctant to dip in to the winter market so Willian may have to wait until the summer. But with two weeks remaining of the January transfer window there is still plenty of time for business to be done, so watch this space.
Do Chelsea and Spurs fans want Willian? Get involved in the comments section below.