- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Arsenal & Liverpool Eyeing Summer Move For Spanish Defender
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, there is interest from the Premier League in Fernando Amorebietato.
The report claims the Spanish centre-back is expected to leave Bilbao when his contract expires at the end of the season after the La Liga club withdrew their latest contract offer after failing to agree terms over a new deal.
The news of his availability is understood to have alerted several clubs throughout Europe, with Sky Sports claiming Arsenal and Liverpool have joined the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan in showing an interest in the 27-year-old.
Amorebieta has made over 250 appearances for Bilbao since joining the club and despite representing Spain at under-19 level, he has elected to play for his native Venezuela at senior international level.
The defender was hugely impressive during Bilbao’s march towards the Europa League final last season, including winning a double-header against Premier League leaders Manchester United. It’s not often a player of his quality is available on a free transfer, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal and Liverpool find the competition for his signature grows considerably in the coming months.
Would Arsenal and Liverpool fans like to see Amorebieta join their club in the summer? Get involved in the comments section below.