- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Arsenal Lining Up Summer Move For French Midfield Enforcer
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal are linked with Capoue.
We were strongly linked with the France midfielder during the January transfer window and were reported to have failed with a late bid to land the 24-year-old on deadline day.
The Telegraph claim that despite the knock-back, the boss retains a strong interest in the player after having him scouted extensively in recent months and will make another attempt to sign him in the summer when he looks to bring in a defensive midfielder.
The fact is we never really replaced Alex Song after he left for Barcelona last summer. Mikel Arteta has been largely used as the ‘defensive’ midfielder this season but I think it’s important we bring in a powerful and athletic ball-winner in the summer and Capoue would fit the bill nicely.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
The Telegraph also claim Arsenal will have around £70m to spend in the summer due to the up-front payment we’ll receive from the new Emirates sponsorship deal and as well as a midfielder enforcer, Arsene plans to bring in a new striker.
While I feel we should have gone the extra mile at signed a defensive midfielder and a striker in January to help with our push for a top-four finish, at least it sounds like Wenger is going to address things in the summer.
Who would you like the boss to sign in the summer? Get involved in the comments section below.