- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Arsenal Battling Man City To Land New ‘Jack Wilshere’
Despite the transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Arsenal will battle it out with Manchester City for Danny Crowley.
Arsenal and Manchester City are battling it out for the signature of Aston Villa’s highly-rated young midfielder Danny Crowley who’s been dubbed as the new ‘Jack Wilshere’, according to the Mirror.
Crowley has come through the ranks at Villa Park and has emerged as one of the most promising teenagers in the country after a string of impressive displays in their youth academy.
It seems his potential has caught the eye of two of the Premier League’s heavyweights with the Mirror claiming Arsenal and Manchester City have been keeping tabs on the 15-year-old and it’s suggested he may quit Villa if he’s offered a lucrative deal elsewhere.
If the Gunners or City manage to lure him away from the Midlands club, Villa will only be due a small compensation package for Crowley which would be a bitter pill to swallow considering they’ve nurtured him into an England youth international.
Arsenal have an excellent record in fast-tracking youngsters into the first team set up and Crowley would only have to look at the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jack Wilshere as recent examples, so that may make the Londoners appear slight favourites.
However, it’s never going to be easy to reject the current Premier League champions and the Mirror claim his old mentor at Villa Park is now on the pay roll at City, so you’d have to think they’d be in with a great shout if they decide to follow up their reported interest.