- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
- England Squad Announced: Arsenal & Man Utd Stars Recalled, Kane & Sturridge In
- [Player Ratings] Watford 1-3 Arsenal: Sanchez Has Gunners Firing Again
- [Teams] Hull City vs Man Utd: Confirmed Line-Ups
Interest Mounts In £10m-Rated Kenyan Midfielder
With the summer transfer window set to re-open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Southampton are the latest club to be linked with Victor Wanyama.
Southampton have joined Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United in showing an interest in Celtic’s £10m-rated midfielder Victor Wanyama, according to the Mirror.
The Kenyan international has been excellent for the Glasgow giants since moving from Beerschot in 2011 and played an important role in Celtic’s Champions League run this season – getting himself on the score-sheet during a 2-1 win over Barcelona last October that helped the Bhoys reach the knockout stages – and he was also shortlisted for the PFA Young Player of the Year Award last month.
It seems his impressive form hasn’t gone unnoticed here in England with the Mirror claiming the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United are keen on luring him to the Premier League this summer.
However, the newspaper suggests Southampton are now ready to battle the heavy-weights for the 21-year-old’s signature with boss Mauricio Pochettino understood to have sent scouts to watch Wanyama in action against Motherwell last weekend.
Celtic are believed to be desperate to keep hold of the tough-tackling midfielder but the report claims a bid of around £10m may be enough to persuade the club in to selling.
Do you rate Wanyama? Would you like to see your club sign him this summer? Share your views in the comments section below.