- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Chelsea Tipped To Hijack Tottenham’s £15m Move For Brazilian Ace
The report claims Spurs are on the verge of completing a deal for Paulinho after agreeing a £15m fee with Corinthians but the move could now be in jeopardy amid talk that Jose Mourinho is poised to make a last minute bid to lure him to Stamford Bridge.
The north Londoners are now going to be left sweating after the 24-year-old midfielder confirmed that he wont make a decision over his future until after the Confederations Cup has finished. Speaking after Brazil’s 4-2 win over Italy, Paulinho said:
“There is an official offer from Tottenham to Corinthians.
“But, as I did when there was an Inter Milan offer, I’ll sit and decide with my family before I make any decision.”
“I will only do it after the Confederations Cup because it’s hard to deal with all these things.” Paulinho is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
Paulinho has emerged as one of South America’s hottest properties after another excellent season with Corinthians but it looks as though he could be set to end his three-year stay with the club and a move to the Premier League appears likely.
But will it be to north or west London? Tottenham should be considered as the favourites at this point but things could change if Chelsea do decide to make a late move. Mourinho’s need for a central midfielder could be heightened if John Obi Mikel departs, with the Nigerian heavily linked with a move to Galatasaray, so I wouldn’t rule out the Blues just yet.
Would you like Paulinho to join your club? Would he be a success in the Premiership? Get involved in the comments section below.