- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Chelsea Tipped To Hijack Tottenham’s £15m Move For Brazilian Ace
Chelsea are being tipped to make a late move to hijack Tottenham’s attempts to sign Brazilian midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians, according to the Mirror.
The report claims Spurs are on the verge of completing a deal for Paulinho after agreeing a £15m fee with Corinthians but the move could now be in jeopardy amid talk that Jose Mourinho is poised to make a last minute bid to lure him to Stamford Bridge.
The north Londoners are now going to be left sweating after the 24-year-old midfielder confirmed that he wont make a decision over his future until after the Confederations Cup has finished. Speaking after Brazil’s 4-2 win over Italy, Paulinho said:
“There is an official offer from Tottenham to Corinthians.
“But, as I did when there was an Inter Milan offer, I’ll sit and decide with my family before I make any decision.”
“I will only do it after the Confederations Cup because it’s hard to deal with all these things.” Paulinho is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
Paulinho has emerged as one of South America’s hottest properties after another excellent season with Corinthians but it looks as though he could be set to end his three-year stay with the club and a move to the Premier League appears likely.
But will it be to north or west London? Tottenham should be considered as the favourites at this point but things could change if Chelsea do decide to make a late move. Mourinho’s need for a central midfielder could be heightened if John Obi Mikel departs, with the Nigerian heavily linked with a move to Galatasaray, so I wouldn’t rule out the Blues just yet.
Would you like Paulinho to join your club? Would he be a success in the Premiership? Get involved in the comments section below.