- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Liverpool Blow As Coutinhio Ruled Out For 6 Weeks Following Shoulder Surgery
Liverpool have been dealt a huge injury blow after confirming that midfielder Philippe Coutinho will undergo shoulder surgery and will be out of action for up to six weeks.
The 21-year-old was forced off during the second half of Liverpool’s 2-2 draw with Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Monday night after injuring his shoulder following a challenge by Ashley Williams.
The Reds initially hoped it was nothing serious but the club have now confirmed today that after careful assessment by medical staff, the Brazilian will require surgery to stabilise his shoulder.
The procedure is expected to keep Coutinho on the sidelines for up to six weeks meaning he wont return until the end of October.
A statement on Liverpoolfc.com read:
Liverpool have confirmed Philippe Coutinho will undergo a procedure on the shoulder injury he sustained in Monday evening’s 2-2 draw with Swansea City.
After being assessed by the Reds medical staff, it’s been decided that Coutinho will now have surgical stabilisation on the AC joint in his shoulder.
Liverpool hope to have the 21-year-old back in contention again towards the end of October.
The news will come as a huge blow to boss Brendan Rodgers with his side enjoying a superb start to the Premier League season and currently sit top of the league after collecting 10 points from their opening four games.
Coutinho will now miss up to six fixtures including next weekends clash with rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford.
How much will Liverpool miss Coutinho? Share your views below.