- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Chelsea Pre-United Team News: Mourinho Offers Latest On Matic, Ivanovic & Lampard
Chelsea entertain Manchester United on Sunday afternoon in what’s going to be a titanic clash at Stamford Bridge.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho has been speaking at his pre-match press conference on Friday morning and gave Chelseafc.com the latest team news ahead of the game.
The big news this week in West London was the signing of defensive midfielder Nemanja Matic from Benfica. The Serbian returned to Chelsea after leaving the club two-and-a-half years ago as part of the deal that saw David Luiz come to the Premier League.
Matic has trained with his new team mates for the last two days but Mourinho has confirmed he won’t be starting against United out of ‘respect’ for the existing Chelsea players.
This could open the door for Frank Lampard to make his return with Mourinho revealing that the 35-year-old will be in contention on Sunday. Lampard has missed the last three weeks after picking up a muscle injury against Liverpool in December, but has trained this week and could now face the champions.
However, one man who is certain to miss the game is Branislav Ivanovic with Mourinho confirming the Serbian defender is still nursing a knee injury that he also suffered against the Merseysiders, meaning Cesar Azpilicueta will continue to play at right-back.
Jose: 'Lampard is training so he has a chance. I don't think Ivanovic can play. Matic is not starting the game.' #CFC
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) January 17, 2014
Now we’ve seen the team news, what team do Chelsea fans think Mourinho should pick? Share your views below.