Connect with us

Arsenal

ARSENAL TRANSFERS: Who Should Stay & Who Should Go??

Who should stay and who should go? Various forums have people criticising squad members and highlighting able replacements. I will highlight some players and add my own humble opinion.

Diaby, I have read the gangly midfielder can’t control a ball, has a poor pass and does not live up to Arsenal standards. With Diaby, as with Denilson, I feel both of these ‘midfielders’ have struggled to adapt to being holding players. Again both have had not had a consistent run in the side to gain form. Diaby I feel is heavily under rated, a talented midfielder who when fit and holding down an attacking midfield birth shows his box to box pace, strength and skill.

Denilson, is a player who does not help him self. Stray passing, rash tackling, no endeavour in chasing players. In the right team, in the right attacking role Denilson’s passing and long range shooting would make him an asset, but his frustration in an Arsenal system where he does not positionally fit means the time to go has arisen.

Eboue, a cult following for the player with no brain. Arsene’s equivalent of Winnie the Pooh. Eboue will play anywhere, any role and will give 110%…but consistency and concentration is key. Possibly due to again a lack of a run to build confidence being part of a team, but too many rash challenges, wayward finishes, being all energy and no purpose means I agree it is Eboue’s time to move on is upon us.

Special mention, Laurent Koscieleny. Fans tend to forget where this player has come from (French lower leagues) to top of the premier league action. Without injured Vermealan or Djourou, Laurent may have had more time to integrate and learn but for a first season, I personally can see a solid future stalwart strengthening Arsenal’s back four. If not for the carling cup howler Laurent’s season has been one of the better.

I get as frustrated seeing fan forums as I do watching Arsenal not winning trophies. Players are pillared in a vicious manner and hope that the players who get the brunt I have managed to give an objective overview to. A player can never be called s**t, they may just need coaching, a different position on field, a different system to play in or a different league to learn their trade.

Please comment and highlight any players you feel get an un-called for rough deal or over the top criticism.

44 Comments

44 Comments

1. Ric the gooner

April 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

I actually think Arsenal just need tweaking. Sell Arshavin and bring in Hazard, offload Squillaci and bring in Cahill.

As well as this offload Denilson, which will be covered by the return of Ramsey and give JET and Lansbury a chance in the first team squad along with Miyaichi as long as he gets a work permit. That would do me.

• Paul the gooner

April 21, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Spot on Ric! that would also do me…

As well as JET, Lansbury and Ryo, I’d give Fimpong a go. He looked a class act last pre-season.

I’d also consider letting Bendtner go.

• The Red Baron

April 21, 2011 at 1:59 pm

“I’d also consider letting Bendtner go.”

Come on now, it’s not a case of considering that one, it’s a bloody must!

We have some awesome tallent coming through, but I feel that we need experienced tallent, which you don’t get from the kids.

Still, up the Arsenal!

2. gooner87

April 21, 2011 at 10:32 am

Good piece nice to hear someone thinking. I agree Alot of the time a player is good enough they just don’t work in the system like eduardo or Torres. Most of these players came to Arsenal when our system was different. Diaby played alot better in 4-4-2. I think we need to assess our tactics first ,before we buy, this year we have dropped last minute goals and not held onto leagues in so many games now, much of that is to do with individual errors but also we are so open, even last night the gap between our midfield and defense is too big and one pass takes out 4 of our players.

We either Press like Barca which allows us to play high up field or we drop a bit like man utd and counter, which is what we used to do so much better than them.

There does however need to be a voice on the pitch for me Cesc is a great player but his attitude is not one of a captain. We need an A hole in that team plain and simple. Someone who is going to shout at players when they make stupid decisions.

Lastly Yesterday showed the difference we were alot better going forward and our players even though they were playing at s**te hart lane looked more relaxed. So next home games lets get behind the team it really does make a difference, you don’t have to be smart to see that !

3. DDR

April 21, 2011 at 10:41 am

Nice article. I think:

PLAYERS WHO SHOULD DEFINITELY LEAVE:
    Denilson: He has been a liability whenever he’s set foot on the pitch this season. Wayward passing and an inability to track back effectively has cost us.

Chamakh: He had a reasonably successful start to the season, but he has faded rapidly into obscurity. He lacks strength and confidence, and as a lone striker whose main attribute is his ability to head the ball, strength and confidence are a neccessity.

Squillaci: He isn’t good enough, simply enough.

Almunia: Has proven time and again this season that his confidence has been eroded and what ability he did show between the posts has vanished with it.

Eboue: I’m a huge fan of what you see of Eboue as a person, but I’m afraid that as a player I feel his rash challenges and lack of awareness have cost too much.

PLAYERS WHO COULD LEAVE:
    Bendtner: The super confident Dane has popped up with some important goals, but he has still never achieved as highly as he would have us believe.
    The reason he is not in the list above is that currently I feel a major reason in his goal shortage is that he has been coming on as a sub and playing on the right wing; a move that makes no sense to me. Why have your tallest strongest striker on the wing? Surely he should be the target man in the box?

Diaby: Diaby has suffered (as usual) with injuries, and that has led to lacklustre performances. I hesitate as in the last two or three appearances he has shown real promise.

Arshavin: It has been a long time since the little Russian has actually sparkled in the team. It’s a toss of the coin as to whether he will choose to put in a shift and work hard for the duration of the game. Arsenal could capitalise on his sale by buying someone who will give 100% and be a real threat in every game.

Rosicky: I loved watching Rosicky make those intelligent passes and runs through opposition defences a few years ago, but since his injury and long rehabilitation, the czech international has never regained that form. Having said that, he is a useful squad player to have should there be injuries to a significant number of the midfield first choicers.

PLAYERS WE MUST KEEP:
    This is my list of players I believe Arsenal will have to retain this summer. They are the strongest element of the team, and need to be kept and built upon. Someone wrote recently that Arsenal are two or three players away from a magnificent side, and I do not disagree.
    We should keep: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Djourou, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott, Robin Van Persie, Ramsey, Gibbs
    (there are more but forgive me if I do not name the younger/current loanees)

Anyway, that is my thoughts on the current situation, I think all this team really needs is a world class, proven striker and a world class centreback who will take the team by the scruff of the neck and organise them so that they don’t capitulate so easily next season.

4. DeeTee

April 21, 2011 at 10:44 am

I feel Bendtner, Eboue, Arshaven, Denilson, Squallaci, clichy all should b offload

• samuel

April 21, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Get rid of Clichy,Sagna ,two ball watching clowns who panic at the first sign of trouble Walcott A
      rshavin ,Denilson should be given more game time as
      he has plenty to offer Arsenal with great Brazilian flair etc.What,s needed is another powerful skilful defesive midfielder to compliment Alex Song allowing Diaby to push right up the pitch and get his fair share of goals
      and not rely so much on van Persie,Cesc and Na
      sri the whole season ?

5. DeeTee

April 21, 2011 at 10:53 am

and bring in a proven striker n difender

6. DeeTee

April 21, 2011 at 10:54 am

and bring in a proven striker n defender

7. redjessie

April 21, 2011 at 11:04 am

JET must be given a chance. Clichy was woeful last night. The guy can’t defend but is Gibbs any better?

8. phuchung

April 21, 2011 at 11:15 am

i was thinking about the team after we lost 2 goals lead and felt that this team is best one and it will be a greatest team in the history of epl ….. looking at the team , we have – fab, wilshere, kos, chesz, nasri , …… they are going to be greater better than the invincibles …. and anyone leaving this team will regret it …… mark my word …. always a gunner

9. Jim Bob

April 21, 2011 at 11:19 am

tend to agree with all of you. i’d def offload almunia, squallaci, denilson, bring in parker and cahill whilst promoting JET, ramsey, lansbury and ryo. player-wise the squad only needs tweaking. we need english players to get the fight back in the team. listening to theirry henry’s interview with sky sports news recently makes you realise the hidden talents english players bring a squad. they fight for every ball and never give up. in the quest for techincally perfect players wenger has forgotten this. a squad needs fighters and leaders when the team needs to scrap and win ugly. i would rather see scott parker flying into a tackle next to me than denilson doing his token effort.

wenger needs a new no2, preferably steve bould, to coach the players defensively and teach them what it means to play for arsenal. pat rice is a yes man. they’ve got too comfortable playing pretty football, not winning and collecting stupidly large contracts which they haven’t earned in the slightest. arsenal are close to being untouchable, wenger’s just gotta admit he’s made mistakes and correct them this off-season

10. Oz_gooner

April 21, 2011 at 11:26 am

Mr Wenger didnt replace adebayor with an equivalent quality striker. We need a quick 6’2 striker that can run and complement V.persie.

Bentdner doesnt fit into the arsenal team, he is too awkward physically and doesnt complement with his lack of pace and ball skill.

Chamack at best a substitute.

Eboue’s time is up and so s denilson’s

We need to find primarily a DM (established) who will take some pressure off song.

Diaby may be worth keeping though as a sub for now.

Squllaci should but with Verma coming back next season i think that at least djorou is a solid starter and koscleny very handy on the bench as well.

11. julien

April 21, 2011 at 11:41 am

Really good positive thinking and I do like your observation on Denilson,Kolschieny and Diaby. I will not discuss of players such as Almunia!

Denilson: he played his best match again Barcelona last season because he was able to go forward and play simple pass but also because Barcelona is not that mobile, the ball do the work for them! EPL is another story as much you are talented you need some guts and track back!So I would say wrong league for him. Try Spain,Portugal or Italy because even in France he would get lost.

Diaby: He is time for him to grow up and stop thinking he’s fine I am young! Again yesterday, sometimes brillant most of the time awful! As an establish Arsenal player I would sell him even if I know he is got the talent because he will not accepted to be loaned to a lower team. ( have a look of the RVV goal yesterday, He watch him assed him thinking someon might catch him – No mate if you don’t call nobody will come help ya). So good but not good enough for Arsenal at this moment as AW need to rebuild trust with the fans before even thinking on trophies.
    Kolz: Dodgy start then start to played well … then the final… I put the blame on AW he bring in Scquillaci thinking is a good bargain experimemted players that can bring something ( mmmhhh its remind me the Manc Insider Mr Sylvestre). I would keep him as he could develop into a decent players but he need some valuable experience not spanish lesson from squillaci.

AW put his team in a situation where u can see there is tension and disapointment watch Frabegas and RVP and the end of Liverpool and Spours they are gutted as we just cannot be clinical as they know something missing just one or two players if not more experienced, more talented. The profile of players AW look into are expensive so paid for them or develop our own players and lets play the mid table because my friends if AW or we dont act now this what will happen

12. Sammymarvin

April 21, 2011 at 11:43 am

Well some palyers have to go:Mr Aliminia, Squillaci, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtnar. And our coaching staff needs to be change we need a defensive and out spoken coach to be with mr wenger. Well i would not list players to come in or to be bought i want some one who will add steel to the defensive midfield, an attacker to score 25 goals a season and i know we will everything in europe

13. jimbo

April 21, 2011 at 11:50 am

the next person to say sell chamakh is gonna get a slap. also support the team at home not shout abuse we need to turn the emirates into a fortress you are fans not dissatisfied customers u muppets

• Sixtay

April 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Take a bow, son!

Here I am reading 14-17 year olds take turns at playing “Football Manager” with the squad.

Players mentioned here, like Eboue, Squillacci and Denilson are all substitutes. Of course they aren’t world-class, THEY’RE SUBSTITUTES!!

It’s man-management hell already for AW keeping players like Arshavin (Russia Capt.), Rosicky (Czech capt.), and Chamakh on the bench. We’re supposed to now buy Cahill? And watch the english media’s hatred for the club ballon even further as they realize he’s being benched by Djourou?

Personally, I would like to see AW invest the bulk of his pre-season developing a new formation for the team. I feel we have too many players playing out of their preferred positions. Players like Arshavin (SS), Nasri(AM/LW), Theo(CF) and Nicklas(TS) all suffer slight motivation issues due to this.

Playing a 4-4-1-1 should help….

Playing Arshavin directly behind a false-9 with Fabregas and Song/Wilshere in an orthodox midfield should be experimented with.

I feel the teams tactical basket needs a bit of rejuvenating. Other than that, any other summer signings are not needed (other than Almunia’s replacement)

14. embryo

April 21, 2011 at 12:17 pm

i think too many people are confused with good players and great ones, i think the whole of our squad are good, it makes sense otherwise why are they here. what we lack is great players, and a manager who has the guts to make tough decisions. i love clichy’s attitude, but no longer good enough, Bendy and Chamak, not good enough, Denilson and Diaby we’re the wrong team for them.
    Bring in leighton Baines, cahill and Lakaku, promote Lansbury and JET.

• Sixtay

April 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Dude..you lost me at Baines and Cahill. How you harp on about GREAT players and end up name those two….it just…..it just makes no sense.

15. Northbankgooner

April 21, 2011 at 12:18 pm

What we really need are true supporters, not “moan a minute” fans.

The player do make errors nad that include the “blue-chip” players, but its always the squad players, which every team nedds, that get ridiculed week after week.

If people believe booing and swearing at games help players then they have no brains.

When people say let get rid of this one and that one, they rarely offer an alternative and provide a true estimation of the costs involved. Not just money, but intergration into the team, team spirit – the collective is always better than the individual.

AW has made some surprising decisions, regarding re-inforcing the team, but I find the players he uses plays the Arsenal way. Yes it can be frustrating, but we cannot believe we know better than Wenger, otherwise we would be the Arsenal manger.

And if you do think so, apply for the job and provide your CV so we can all have a good laugh.

Cracking game last night, just a pity about the result and yes I am as frustrated as a lot of Gooners, but while it is still mathematically possible, I will never give up believing.

16. kharadonha

April 21, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Great article, hope Wenger won’t be angry with us like he did with Spain magazine with regard to Cesc comment.

I think it is time we stop blaming defenders though we know they are not up to Arsenal standard compare to the likes of Tony Adams and co. Look at the way our holding midfielders defend and you’ll see why I say let’s not blame defenders all the time. Abu Diaby was supposed to stop Van Der Vaart instead he allowed him to be infront of him, why? I don’t know. secondly, It is Arsene who doensn’t want Arsenal to be successful in world football because of his lack of respect for English players. why? I’m not from France. Guys on a serious note, have you ever watched France play with players from Arsenal? they look dead all the time. why? They are not good but Arsene thinks they are good.

Players dat must leave:

Clichy, Almunia, Rosicky, Arshavin, Cesc, Song ( I know some will say I’m crazy) but look how oewful he is when defending and passing the ball. I watched him several times while playing for Cameroon and I was so upset that Arsene thinks this guy will be like Silva.
    B52.

that’s it from me. do we need trophies? then lets start by telling Wenger to get rid of French players who are not up to our standard.

South African Gooner always

17. Holbinna

April 21, 2011 at 12:27 pm

All i can say is wenger should try and impact confidence into this team.i dont see any team better than the current crop of players possessd by arsenal.eboue dont need to go because sagna is not injury free.i will like denilson to show why he is in arsenal..getting paid without working for the money you earn is a crime..we fans has a lot to do,the team need our support.

18. Kasale

April 21, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I fully concur with all the opinions raised here this morning. However, I think we are forgeting to mention one very important and crucial person in the quest towards Arsenal’s success. Arsene Wenger is not a winner he is an economist. All that he wants to see happening to this club is how many times the team managed to qualify for the cahmpions league. Really if you compare him with Ferguson, Mourinho, Gadiola to mention but a few then you would realize the difference. He takes too long to substitute, yes our players are young and lack maturity and consistency.

For example, compare Lennon and Walcot, Walcot is effective the first 20 minutes and after that he is finished. Lastly, I think it is time to shake Arne Wenger and let him realize he is not doing the team any good. Those players need medals apart from the number of games to be played………..and it is for that reason that good players have left to get medals somewhere…………….It is either we are a developmental team that makes money out of development and selling of players and lets forget about winning trophies………..especially with Arsene wenger, really he lacks a winning mentality. Once a gunner always a gunner.

19. stu

April 21, 2011 at 2:09 pm

i think a change of tactics aswell – especially the formation – 4-4-2 please

20. Roy

April 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Fabianski, Almunia, Clichy, Denilson, Squillaci, Eboue and Bendtner can go.
    Hennessey, Hazard and Cahill to come in and some more promotions aka Lansbury, JET and Gibbs.

21. Allen

April 21, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Sell Arshavin & Bendtner then brin Hazard & demba cisse for upfront while Cahill for Squillaci per mersaker kosyny or djouron

22. JEL

April 21, 2011 at 3:24 pm

GK – Szscesny is our new number one with Fabianski & Mannone providing fierce competition. Almunia’s days are numbered.

Defender – My starting defence next season would be Clichy, Vermaelen, Djourou or whatever world class defender potentially coming this summer), Sagna. Gibbs, Eboue, Kos, promote Kyle Bartley, and sell Squilacci, if not play him in the Carling Cup.

Midfield – Priority one should be keeping Fab & Nasri. Fabregas in the midfield with Song and Wilshire/Ramsey. Frimpong is improving drastically and should play first team football next season, although I would support Wenger bring in a midfielder with great experience and leadership like Inler, for example. I believe that Denilson should leave Arsneal to better his career elsewhere as he hasn’t fulfilled his potential enough for us. Rosicky’s best days are in the past, but he provides great experience and is still useful. Diaby is excellent when in form but needs to work on his consistency and the mental aspects of his game. Arshavin is another who needs to work on their consistency, but when he’s in form, he world class. If he should leave, the only replacement for him is Eden Hazard.

Forwards – With RVP we have one of the best strikers in the world. However, whenever a team becomes reliant on a player of that quality and they lose form, the whole attack loses momentum. Wenger needs to sign a proven goal scorer to give competition to RVP. We all know Bendtner and Chamakh just aren’t those strikers. Bendtner should be allowed to leave this summer as his lack of the ability to consistently score is losing the team goals and points. I think a fantastic replacement for him is Kevin Gameiro of Lorient. I was skeptical about him at first, but from what I’ve seen, he’s a naturally gifted finisher of the ball. He would score at least half of the chances Bendtner regularly misses. Chamakh’s aerial ability and work rate is something our team lack, so I would not sell him. JET should be promoted to more first team action.

Manager – Wenger must spend this summer, seriously! I have and will always support his amazing support for youth, but going into 7 seasons without silverware is very alarming and will begin to make players become disillusioned with the club and make other players not want to sign with us for our lack of trophies.

My summer signings – Sakho or Mertersecker in defence. Both defenders have very good leaderhip qualities, something we are definitely lacking. Either Inler or M’Villa in defensive midfield to provide competition to Song and take some of r=the pressure off of him. Eden Hazard should be signed whether Arshavin leaves the club or not. A tremendously talented player. Bendtner should be sold and Kevin Gameiro should be his replacement. I think there is a possibilty of Chamakh going back to the French league due to his lack of playing time, and a good replacement for him would be Cavani or Abel Hernandez.

23. michael amuakwa

April 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Players out should include the following : Arshavin, Rosicky, Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby, Eboue, and Clichy.

Players in : JET, LANSBURY, RYO, FRIMPONG, EASTMOND, MIQUEL, HENDERSON, RAMSEY, AND LEIGHTON BAINES from Everton.

24. IHAVEAGUN

April 21, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Chamakh? Really? He has only had one season with us and the return has been good in my opinion most of the other players that have been mentioned here i would agree that we should let go. Almunia is all but out the door so no need to discuss him.

Diaby- Great skill on the ball and gives us size something that we need which is a good asset to have in the team. I wouldn’t sell him.

Denilson- Good squad player but the system doesn’t fit his style and by now Wilshere,Ramsey are ahead of him on the depth charts. Also with Frimpong getting more playing time next season his time might be up with Arsenal.

Bendtner- Is being wasted on the right. If we reformed back to the 4-4-2 he might have a better chance to show his skill. Lets not forget that when he was given a decent run in the team he came through for us late in the season and was the only one scoring the vital goals. He’s still only 22 and has loads of confidence which if I’m not mistaken is what most of the “supporters” are saying that the team lacks.

Squillaci- Not good enough should be let go.

Arshavin- Great skill on the ball but he looks like his heads somewhere else when he’s out on the pitch. On defensive is way too lazy and a liability.

Clichy- Should stay i think he’s performed well this season and could only get better next season. While he has had the occasional blunder i think the good outweighs the bad and Gibbs while being a very good young player would not be ready to fill the shoes of an everyday starter just yet.

Goalkeeper- I wouldn’t buy i think we have our #1 already in Sczcesny. He will only get better and the money that would be used to get a goalkeeper would be better spent in other areas in my opinion.

Players that i would bring in if i was Le Boss.

Samba- Big and forceful in defensive would give us much needed help in the air. His fee would be feasible for someone like Wenger.

Felipe Melo- Even though he hasn’t had a great season in Italy i still believe that he is one of the best DM on planet earth. All he needs is a manager like Wenger to get it out of him. Also i think he would relish the opportunity of playing that hard man role for the Arsenal team. With his value down at the moment i think a Denilson+Cash could make this happen and help both teams. Juventus get rid of a very unpopular player and get in return a good young brazilian that plays the same position plus cash to reinvest in other areas of the team. Arsenal on the other hand get that true DM that the team really lacks.

Eden Hazard- Don’t think i have to say much about this guy but he would give us that added spark that Arshavin gave us that first season he was with us. The only thing that will stop this from happening is the money issue we’ll see if Wenger pulls the trigger, I’n my opinion though these 3 playeers would make the difference in our trophy runs next season.

25. hazza5297

April 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm

basically:
    Out: Almunia, Squillaci, Denilson, Rosicky, Bendtner
    In: Samba/Cahill/Mertesacker(any good, proven cb), Parker, hazard and a proven goal scorer( rvp is too injury prone)
    That’s what all us gooners are saying will make us become a world-class team and I’m sure it would be well within our budget- I say we give diaby, arshavin, eboue and Chamakh one more year to prove themselves as they are still decent squad players. Completely agree that we should promote JET, lansbury and ryo. Wenger deserves at least another 2 years simply for what he has done. We shouldn’t always look on the bad side and we gave mounted a very good title challenge this year when most people thought we wouldn’t even qualify for champions league. Next year will be easier as Manure will lose half their squad, same as Chelsea, and players will leave tottenham if they don’t qualify for the champo league. Next year, I believe it will be between us, man city and Liverpool for the title. IN ARSENE WE TRUST!!!!

26. Naj

April 22, 2011 at 12:31 am

I think the players who have not performed to there best and need to go are…..

Almunia
    Eboue
    Squillaci
    Clichy

27. The BearMan

April 22, 2011 at 5:24 am

Is Cahill the best player in that position? Or are we actually we simply getting on the band wagon because he is English. Let me play devils advocate to get us thinking quality and money value. Cahill in the last game against Stoke at Wembly was rather average. He reminded me of Squallaci. He was not in the game, poor passing and did not read the game to help out and stop the bombardment.

Arsenal wants a CB that is not just physically strong but fit for purpose. I am prepared to watch his performance against Fulham more closely. We want a Tony Adams character in that position.

28. Adiele TBag

April 22, 2011 at 8:01 am

for arsenal to start wining trophies, some players are mnt to leave the club, players like Almunia, Diabi, squilaci,bendtna,eboue,denilson. then we need at least two more good strickers in other to assist Van persie

29. morghanistan

April 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Players to Leave: Arshavin; worthy of injecting some cash, well past his best. Bendtner, simply doesn’t fit into our lineup and Chamakh is superior than him, Denilson; another case of not fitting in the lineup with Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Fabregas, Nasri all vastly better than him. Squillaci; well past his best. Almunia; Need I say more?

Players to come: Eden Hazard; Promote Ryo Miyaichi he has been superb for Feyenoord. Signing Stekelenburg would be a good option and allow Szczesny to develop more. He is definitely a future number 1 but not yet. Mertesacker would fit well into the CB position with Vermaelen. Djourou and Koscielny are quality lineup. I agree with the poster who suggested Felipe Melo. He is particularly suitable with our current lineup, if Arsene chooses to persist with it. This would relegate Wilshere to the bench but allow him to play in a more attacking role as a substitute.

30. Josh

April 22, 2011 at 7:33 pm

We need to sell the following: Almunia, Clichy, Squillaci, Eboue, Rosicky, Denilson, Arshavin, Bendtner, Chamakh. All of the names mentioned are either over aged or just not cutting it in the first team and we have better replacements for them e.g. Gibbs for Clichy. Sagna for Eboue.

We don’t need to sign many players imo except maybe Hazard as he looks like a real talent shows hints of Nasri’s technique and pace but Ronaldo’s control and skill.
    We should promote Gibbs, JET, Miyaichi (if he gets a permit), Bartley (has done very well in defence for Rangers and has experience) and maybe Lansbury if he steps up a bit.