Neymar Confirms He Will “Honour” Santos Contract

By on July 4, 2011

Chelsea and Real Madrid target Neymar has finally quashed all speculation linking him with a move to Europe.

The 19-year old has been linked with a £45million switch to some of Europe’s biggest clubs, including Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona.

Santos have issued conflicting reports in the last month, just last week the president said he was prepared to sell the teenager if the release clause in his contract was activated. The activation clause is believed to be around £40-45million.

Then the Santos president issued a statement just this weekend claiming that Neymar will remain in Brazil and they are not willing to negotiate at any cost something Neymar’s agent also reiterated.

“In light of continuous speculation in the national and international press about the future of our player, I feel obliged to communicate the departure of Neymar is non-negotiable.

“Neymar is a media phenomenon known throughout the world. His talent for brilliant moves on the field is proportional to his charisma.”

The player’s agent Wagner Ribeiro added:

“There is very little chance to go to Europe now. It would not be good for the boy. The player is not a mercenary. It is not so simple that he would take the money and leave. He must be in agreement with all conditions of the transfer.”

The player himself has also confirmed he will remain with Santos:

“I have a contract that I intend to honour,” he told Corujao do esporte.

Submitted by Football Friends

 

Loading...

One Comment

  1. i luv chelsea!!

    July 4, 2011 at 9:20 am

    oh thats the first time he’s saying that. yea rite neymar next thing u know 2moro it’s going to be him shifting again

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *