7 Things Arsenal Fans Learned From The International Break
The Premier League returns after a two week international break and our Arsenal fan ‘Lloyd The Gooner’ looks at 7 things we’ve learned during the ‘Interlull’.
The Premier League returns after a two week international break and our resident Arsenal fan ‘Lloyd The Gooner‘ looks at 7 things we’ve learned during the ‘Interlull’.
1. Abou Diaby for all his talent he is one bad turn, one dodgy twist, one nasty Dan Smith of an opponent away from breaking our hearts.
2. Theo Walcott is fast. Er…ok there is more. He picks up every minor knock or bug going! And he is a decent impact sub but will he ever be any more than that for the Gunners?
3. Giroud. All the evidence points to Chamakh Mark II. Worse! He hasn’t even had a promising start. Booed off by his own fans. Is there a single ground for optimism? No! But you know what? I’m keeping the faith, it has to get better. He makes good runs and one of these days one will go in off his a*se! Then he won’t stop scoring.
4. Aaron Ramsey. He really is at the crossroads. He was very poor against Serbia. He looked tired but he can’t be can he? He hardly plays. Maybe that’s why he’s tired. A Norwich or Swansea shirt looms Aaron!
5. Conor Henderson may be one to watch.
6. And dear old Alex, the Ox, the fans favourite. You tell me, hype or substance? Against Ukraine he was awful, I mean really bad, Walcott bad, yes that bad. He didn’t know whether to run with it, pass, shoot or sit down on the centre spot and weep. At one point he fell over on his belly and I thought just burrow down into the pitch a bit, disappear and nobody will notice.
Now the upside. I thought in the first half against Moldova he was the best player on the pitch. The Ox really bullocked around the field! Ok the opposition were rubbish but nobody else shone quite like he did. As usual the Manure youngster got most of the praise but were the boys press acting Cleverly? Do they just want Barcelona to ignore our budding star?
7. Finally,Van Persie. Couldn’t happen to a nicer fella! Is it serious?
Got an opinion? Please get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.
/ 16 hours ago
Chelsea take on Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday evening. Here is the team we...
/ 17 hours ago
Arsenal are interested in signing Barcelona goalkeeper Neto on an initial loan deal as...