Transfer News: Spurs Eye January Raid On Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur will make a renewed attempt to lure out-of-favour Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata to White Hart Lane when the January transfer windows opens.
Despite the summer transfer window being closed there is still plenty of gossip in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up to date on all the latest transfer news. Today, Tottenham are linked with Juan Mata.
Tottenham Hotspur will make a renewed attempt to lure out-of-favour Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata to White Hart Lane when the January transfer windows opens, according to the Express.
Mata has surprisingly found himself on the fringes of Jose Mourinho’s first team plans so far this season leading to question marks over his future at Stamford Bridge.
Spurs were linked with a move for the Spanish international in the summer and were told he wasn’t for sale but it appears Andre Villas-Boas is ready to renew his interest in January as Mata continues to be left out by Mourinho.
The 25-year-old was once again on the bench for last nights 2-1 defeat to Basel and the Express claim the north Londoners will make another approach to try and lure him across the capital in the winter window.
However, Tottenham wont be the only club keeping an eye on the former Valencia mans situation with the newspaper suggesting that Italian duo Juventus and Napoli are also interested, with Rafa Benitez seemingly keen on being reunited with the player he coached last season in West London.
Mata has previously indicated his willingness to remain at Chelsea and fight for his first team place, but with the 2014 World Cup on the horizon he may reconsider his position if he continues to be ignored by Mourinho.
What do Chelsea fans make of the Mata situation? Share your views below.
/ 1 hour ago
Arsenal travel to Old Trafford for Thursday’s much-anticipated Premier League clash against Manchester United....
/ 2 hours ago
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has said that he has no good news regarding the...