- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
- Mourinho Eyes Ambitious £60m Move For Falcao
Lucas Leiva Provides Injury Update
Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has given an update on his injury recovery and has targeted a return in pre season.
The Brazilian defensive midfielder missed the last 6 months of the 2011/12 season after picking up an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his left knee during the Reds 2-0 win over Chelsea in November 2011.
The 25-year-old underwent successful surgery to repair the ligament but spent the rest of the season on the sidelines undergoing his rehabilitation in Brazil.
Quoted by Sky Sports News, Leiva has said he’s in the final stages of his recovery and can’t wait to get back on the pitch, which he hopes will be in time for pre-season training.
“I’m in the final stage of my recovery. I’ve been recovering for six months.
“I am currently in the physical stage, aiming to be back for pre-season, so that I can be back on the pitch as soon as possible.”
There is no doubt Liverpool severely missed Lucas after his unfortunate injury and it will be a major boost to the soon-to-be Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, to have the midfielder available for the start of next season.