- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
[Video Goals] Malaysia XI 1-2 Arsenal: Eisfeld & Aneke Strike For Gunners
Arsenal had to come from behind to beat an impressive Malaysia side XI 2-1 on Tuesday thanks to late goals from youngsters Thomas Eisfeld and Chuks Aneke.
An experienced side including the likes of Vermaelen, Gervinho, Santos, Arteta, Diaby, Chamakh and Gibbs took to the field in the first half but were being well matched by the hard-working Malaysian side. After Santos missed two good opportunities to put the Gunners ahead, Malaysia took a shock lead when Mohamad Azmi Muslim unleashed a thunderous 30-yard rocket just before half time that gave goalkeeper Vito Mannone no chance.
Arsene Wenger rang the changes at half time with Afobe, Aneke, Chamberlain, Walcott, Miyaichi, Bartley, Eastmond, Song, Eisfeld and Yennaris among the players given some playing time. Afobe missed a great chance to equalise in the second period when he couldn’t beat the keeper after being sent clear.
However, Arsenal finally levelled after some good work down the right by Yennaris, who squared for Eisfeld to make it 1-1 before Aneke won it with a deflected strike. Watch the goals below: