- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
£10m Johnson Heading To Liverpool or Tottenham?
With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Liverpool and Tottenham are linked with Adam Johnson.
Liverpool and Tottenham are leading the race to sign out-of-favour Man City winger Adam Johnson, according to the Mirror.
The England attacker was left out of the City squad for Sunday’s 3-2 win over Southampton so he could spend time resolving his future, and it seems he has a number of options available to him.
Liverpool, Tottenham, Sunderland, Newcastle and Everton are all said to be interested in the 25-year-old and are all willing to meet City’s £10m asking price.
Sunderland are understood to be pushing hard for a deal and are prepared to meet his valuation and wage demands. However, the Mirror claim the player would prefer a move to either Anfield or White Hart Lane.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is believed to be confident he can secure a deal before the transfer window closes but may need to wait until Luka Modric is sold before he has the funds available to finalise the move. Liverpool are also keen with Brendan Rodgers eager to add Johnson’s creativity to his side.
The former Middlesborough midfielder has struggled to secure a first team spot at City since making the move in 2010, and feels he needs to move on to boost his England chances after missing out on Euro 2012.
Would you like Johnson at your club? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.