- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
[Video Highlights] Bradford 1-1 Arsenal: Gunners Crash After Shoot-Out Defeat
Arsenal crashed out of the Capital One Cup in dramatic fashion as Bradford won a penalty shoot-out 3-2 after the game ended 1-1.
The home side took a shock lead when Thomson was on hand to fire home a volley at the far post after Vermaelen had given away a free kick near the corner flag. Arsenal finally equalised in the 88th minute when Cazorla’s cross found Vermaelen unmarked at the far post and the skipper nodded home from close range for 1-1. Despite plenty of possession, the Gunners failed to test Duke in goal and the League 2 side took it to penalties.
Bradford quickly ran into a 3-1 lead after Cazorla and Chamakh both missed before Szczesny saved their fourth spot kick meaning but Arsenal had a chance to take it to sudden death but Vermaelen hit the post and sent the home crowd into raptures. Watch highlights here: