- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
[Video Highlights] Bradford 1-1 Arsenal: Gunners Crash After Shoot-Out Defeat
Arsenal crashed out of the Capital One Cup in dramatic fashion as Bradford won a penalty shoot-out 3-2 after the game ended 1-1.
The home side took a shock lead when Thomson was on hand to fire home a volley at the far post after Vermaelen had given away a free kick near the corner flag. Arsenal finally equalised in the 88th minute when Cazorla’s cross found Vermaelen unmarked at the far post and the skipper nodded home from close range for 1-1. Despite plenty of possession, the Gunners failed to test Duke in goal and the League 2 side took it to penalties.
Bradford quickly ran into a 3-1 lead after Cazorla and Chamakh both missed before Szczesny saved their fourth spot kick meaning but Arsenal had a chance to take it to sudden death but Vermaelen hit the post and sent the home crowd into raptures. Watch highlights here: