Connect with us

Arsenal

TRANSFER NEWS: Arsenal To Announce Signing? Two Strikers Also Linked

Hello again, another interesting day of transfer gossip, speculation, rumors and news surrounding the Gunners. There are some interesting headlines today, so without further ado, here is the Arsenal Transfer News Roundup.Arsenal interested in Odemwingi…

Arsenal interested in Odemwingie

The main headline today, as the ever-reliable We Are the North Bank, reports that Arsenal are keeping their eye and are interested in West Brom star and Nigerian international, Peter Odemwingie. The 29 year old has had a highly impressive debut season in the Premier League, scoring 15 goals to keep his club in the Premier League for another season. Do I believe this headline? Yes, I do as We Are the North Bank were the first to report the news on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and have proven to be a very reliable source. His value is set at around 6 million pounds and I believe that he can be a good signing for the Gunners, if Wenger is serious about acquiring him.

Link to the article:

Here’s a video displaying his talents:

Arsenal interested in Lukaku

Interesting news indeed, Anderlecht star and Belgian international, Romelu Lukaku has made a statement saying that he will leave Anderlecht and is on his way to the Premier League, to one of the top clubs. The 19 year old is one of the best youngsters and rising stars in Europe, with his physical attributes and scoring record, draws comparisons with Chelsea star Didier Drogba. I believe that Lukaku will be a great signing to whichever English club he signs for. His value is set around 12.3 million pounds, but I believe he’ll leave for a value a bit higher than that, probably around 15 million pounds.

Link to the article:

Arsenal interested in 5 million pound rated Willian

I’m sorry, but did I just read that? Willian, is now valued by the press at just 5 million pounds?! A few weeks ago, the press valued him at 22 million?! What did he do to lower his value at a high rate? Did he put in Denilson-like performances lately?! Seriously though, the press need to start to show consistency with their reports because this is just ridiculous. According to transfermarkt.co.uk, his transfer value is set around 13.2 million pounds. He’s a talented and skillful player, he could be a signing for the Gunners.

Here’s a video displaying Willian’s talents:

Feyenoord want to keep Miyaichi for another season

It looks like Japanese rising star, Ryo Miyaichi, who has been a huge success on loan with Feyenoord in the Eredivisie, is unsurprisingly wanted by the club for another season. With their technical director, Martin Van Geel, trying to persuade Wenger to have Miyaichi, play for one more season with Feyenoord. I’m undecided in my opinion on this, as in one hand I’d love to watch Miyaichi finally play in an Arsenal shirt, but I believe that one more season, playing regular football would do him the world of good. It looks like, though, that Wenger thinks that he’s ready to play in an Arsenal shirt and is working on a work permit, so hopefully we see this huge talent in an Arsenal shirt next season.

Arsenal to announce signing?

This is certainly interesting and intriguing news, which was brought up by a journalist named Marco Silva through Twitter, who I think you might have heard of. Silva, states that he has many connections and sources all over the world and that Arsenal will reveal a new signing by the end of next week. I’m not sure about this one, but I do hear that he’s usually reliable, so let’s just wait and see…..

What do you think? Should Arsenal sign Odemwingie? What do you think about the rumors regarding Morata and Willian? Do you think that Lukaku will sign for Arsenal? Do you believe in the statement made by Marco Silva? If you do, who do you is this mystery signing? Do you want Miyaichi loaned back for one more season with Feyenoord? Please share your thoughts and opinions.

Cheers and take care,

Omar – www.o-posts.net

54 Comments

54 Comments

1. am

June 3, 2011 at 9:42 am

Marco Silva named Gervinho as the player.

• Ayotid

June 3, 2011 at 11:17 am

Gervinho nd willian will be great signings 4 arsenal,dey are both skillful nd pacy nd will quickly adapt 2 epl futball.

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Yeah I hear about that, he got a real bashing by fellow Gooners on Twitter.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

2. genji

June 3, 2011 at 9:52 am

get Miyaichi at emirates…… he’s ready…..

• weezy

June 3, 2011 at 10:21 am

damn right

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I’d love to finally see Miyaichi in an Arsenal shirt, but another season away on loan can do him the world of good.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

3. stu

June 3, 2011 at 9:53 am

i believe we will get gervinho and witsel

i believe arsenal will announce a couple of players will leave next week – denilson for certain

miyachi will not be sent out on loan yet – he will be used in pre-season especially for the tour in asia!

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I hope we do get Gervinho and Witsel will be alright as well, but it looks like we’re closing in on signing Oxlade-Chamberlain and hopefully we get to see Miyaichi playing in an Arsenal shirt soon.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

4. zdzis

June 3, 2011 at 9:53 am

Odemwingie is a bad idea. Signing a player just because he’s had one good season (plus have scored against your team) is definitely not the kind of behaviour I’d expect of Wenger. Lukaku is most probably out of the question (with Chelsea wanting him so bad), and I guess so is Willian (who I’m not sure would fit Arsenal so well).
    Gervinho is, was, and will be a very good idea, his value will be on the rise for some time, and I bet he can adapt to the English brand of football soon enough. If only he made his mind up…

• Bergkamp10

June 3, 2011 at 10:25 am

I agree Gervinho would be a very good signing, I hope he is the one announced. On Odemwingie, i think there is more to him than 15 goals in his first premier league season. He has enjoyed successful spells at both Lille and Lokomotiv Moscow. On top of that, he is fairly experienced at 19, is a very clinical striker and goal poacher, and is a definate improvement on Bendtner.

• Gunner

June 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Odemwingie is 29?

• Bergkamp10

June 4, 2011 at 12:43 am

sorry typo i meant to say 29

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm

He’s 29 and yes Odemwingie would do alright, but I prefer Gervinho….. he’s a quality player, who’s young and can still improve.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

5. Dr Ezeukwu Emmanuel

June 3, 2011 at 10:19 am

• Jack Straw

June 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Moussa Sow

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm

If it wasn’t for Gervinho, Sow wouldn’t have scored 22 goals. Gervinho has a good scoring record and he’s not a natural center forward and he has more to his game than Sow, even though Sow is a good player.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

6. jimah m t

June 3, 2011 at 10:22 am

odenmwigie is good and so is willian they both have pace and skillfull

7. Ola Timothy Daniel

June 3, 2011 at 10:31 am

Hello to all gunners,I think Odemwingie is not a bad option for the gunners considering his qualities and his price***go for him***I hope Gervinho sign for arsenal he is a delight to watch.I honestly don’t think Lukaku will sign and as for Miyaichi let him get the experience.

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I respect your opinion and I agree with you for the most part, I wish Lukaku signs for the Gunners, but it looks like he’s signing for Chelsea.

Let’s see what happens in the next few days.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

8. Ola Timothy Daniel

June 3, 2011 at 10:36 am

Hello to all gunners,I think Odemwingie is not a bad option for the gunners considering his qualities and his price***go for him***I hope Gervinho sign for arsenal he is a delight to watch.I honestly don’t think Lukaku will sign and as for Miyaichi let him get first team experience at feyenoord.

9. Dr Ezeukwu Emmanuel

June 3, 2011 at 10:37 am

I SAY YES TO OSAZE ODEMWINGWE,WILLIAMS,ROMELU LUKAKU,EDEN HARZARD,GONZALO HIGUAIN BUT NO TO GEVINHO AND RATHER YES TO GERVINHO,S LILLE CLUB MATE ,THE SENEGALESE WHO SCORED 22 GOALS TO GRAB THE FRANCE GOLDEN BOOT.ALSO OSAZES NIGERIAN INTERNATIONA TEAM MATE IKECHUKWU UCHE OF REAL ZARAGOZA IS EVEN MORE PROLIFIC THAN OSAZE.HE SCORED A BRACE IN THE 4–1 DEMOLITION OF ARGENTINA RECENTLY.SCORES MORE THAN OSAZE IN THE NATIONAL TEAM.HIS ACTIVITIES LED TO JOSE MOURINHO 1ST HOME DEFEAT.SINGLED OUT BY RICAARD WHEN INCHARGE OF BARCELONA AS AGENIUS IN A LA LIGA GAME AGAINST GATAFE.ALSO WENGER WAS TOLD TO SIGN HIM OPENLY BY PRESS MEN WNEN HE SINGLE HANDEDLY HRECKED THE FRANCE NATIONAL TEAM IN A PRE S.A 2010 FRIENDLY AGAINST NIGERIA

10. Wazza

June 3, 2011 at 10:39 am

word on twitter amongst all of the arsenal twitterers is that marco silva is a fake and has no inside information at all but i do believe that gervinho will sign for arsenal in the end rather than liverpool, who seem to be the main competitors

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Yeah, I saw the bashing Marco Silva took from fellow Gooners. He does look suspicious, but he could be right about Gervniho, I won’t be surprised if he signs.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

11. lukma.a.

June 3, 2011 at 10:43 am

osaze wil be a good signing nd williams bt don’t sign 2 africa player 4 the attack so leave gervinho or sign him n leave osase. 4get lakuku is a very good striker bt chelsea desperately want to sign him.they(chelsea) wil nt allow him to sign 4 other cos of their high signing of needed player.

• Jack Straw

June 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Considering it’s an ACN year, it’s something to consider…

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:49 pm

You’re right, the ACN should be a worry, so I think Wenger should one of Gervinho or Odemwingie and not both, that would be one too many.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

12. Jude okonkwo

June 3, 2011 at 11:08 am

Wenger should go 4 gervinho n samba in d defance let denilson n arshvin n badtner live

• midou

June 3, 2011 at 11:34 am

Arshavin has incredible stats when it comes to assists and never -not often- lose a ball. Arenal should definitely keep him, and I think Wenger is sharing this view…
      Denilson is almost already out, and the same for Bandter. Chamakh is twice better than he is.

13. ifeanyi enyeribe

June 3, 2011 at 11:11 am

pls get osaze he is a good player who can along side with rvp

14. muhammed

June 3, 2011 at 11:14 am

wenger is not goin to sign the player he love to sign a flexible than big men

15. midou

June 3, 2011 at 11:31 am

I’m afraid Arsenal should forget Lukaku since Chelsea will automatically place a higher bid for a player they follow for a while. The William lead seems strange to me: never heard of such a rumour before. About Odemwingie, though a very good player, I think he definitely doesn’t match our next signing: Gervinho!!!
    And no need of an other striker… Walcott, Van Persie, Arshavin, Gervinho, Chamakh would be a bad ass attack!

16. Benkaro

June 3, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Who ever Arsene wil sign,let him be a world class player.let him do all his signin b4 d end of JUNE

17. Omeiza.Rab_gunner

June 3, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I wount waste my time because Wenger is not a serious minded Manager. Arsensl need a coach but not a greedy manager like Arsene who never want to spend. Odemwingie would av been a good signing but mind you, wenger would rather go for a french player no matter what the quality. Willian, …too expensive for wenger since there are competitions.

• Dozzy

June 4, 2011 at 6:00 am

Go 4 osaze

18. Johnson Tina

June 3, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Well, Odewingie is not a bad play, but we need a motivator into our attacking forward. Wenger can go ahead and sign him with Bamba.

19. sanusi ibrahim

June 3, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Kudos to all gunner fans around the world infact i am tired of arsene wenger so call policy you people around him pls. tell him to spend this money we all arsenal fans are tired of this disapoited for the past six yrs we need an establisment players. let us have reason for surpoting the club of our choice. I BEG U MR WENGER THANKS.

20. Georgio

June 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm

we are seriously need to win next season so arsen go and get them asap

21. Jestar

June 3, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Hay gurnas, signing of Osaze is not a bad idea as well as Gervinho but Wenger will not neither of them, He is my friend and i know him very well

• Gunner

June 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm

HAHA, so who will wenger sign?

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Okay, are you being serious? You could be right, we’ll see what happens.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

22. Caribkid

June 3, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Having two strikers Chamakh and Gervinho/Odemwingie who will be out for one month in January due to the ANC doesn’t make good sense, especially since the ANC will go back to back in 2012 – 2013 for the first time ever.

2/3 of your strike force out for one month in consecutive seasons at the height would be plain dumb.

• Omar

June 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Well said man, it would definitely be a worry, but let’s see how it goes.

Cheers and take care,

Omar

23. Nakul

June 3, 2011 at 5:58 pm

you twat its a different willian they are talking about. The 5million rated man is the striker from spartak moscow whereas the other one rated around 20mil is the att mid at shakhter

24. Emmywandor

June 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I think this is a good news 4 all arsenal fans

25. Ojo gbenga a.k.a geeboy gunners

June 3, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Pls prof make sure u get dis man up gunners till i die

26. ima gooner

June 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Not being funny I would sort out our defence, last season are attack was good but defence was rubbish I would buy 1 or 2 decent cb’s and gervinho, but if the likes of denilson and bentdner replace them with quality

27. Flanchich

June 4, 2011 at 12:16 am

PL fans still haven’t seen de best of Odemwingie I believe…he’s really de type of player we need.his game is just like Van Persie’s while he uses both legs and can also play from both wings wit good foot work.he looks skinny,but very very strong..he’s a type of player defenders dont wanna face.I wasn’t suprised he troubled our defence in both legs last season and to be sincere wit u,guys…I’ve been hoping Wenger bids for him since January coz he’s just a massive class!

28. yoxter

June 4, 2011 at 1:29 am

we need sign salomon rondon, he being the replacement of bendner.

29. umar lawal

June 4, 2011 at 6:12 am

im vry happy 2 heard ds osazie join dy gunner

30. lawal ebrohgunnerz

June 4, 2011 at 7:59 am

I want osaze $ evry other players higuain lukalu $ many more, wenger pls flush out all stupid unserious players like 1. Rosicky 2.eboue 3. denilson 4.diaby $ almunia