- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
REPORTS: Liverpool Want David Villa AND Gonzalo Higuain In January
According to reports in Spain, Liverpool are looking at signing David Villa of Barcelona and Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain in January.
The report by Spanish radio station Cadena Ser claims that Liverpool are concerned at the lack of goals by Andy Carroll, Dirk Kuyt among others so far this season and are preparing big bids to land the top-class striking duo in the January transfer window in order to push for a tilt at the title.
Normally, I wouldn’t mention these kind of rumours but it is so sensational that I felt I had to cover it. David Villa is very much playing second-fiddle to Lionel Messi at the Nou Camp, scoring 21 goals in 39 starts in a mostly left-wing position, what an addition he would be to Kenny and the team, his transfer fee is likely to be near the £30 million mark though.
Real Madrid’s Gonzalo seems to be an option also as he is frozen out by Karin Benzema and José Mourinho, the Argentine has scored 71 goals in 132 appearances for Real, he won’t come too cheap either.
So, it would likely require a further investment of £50 million upwards by John Henry to get these two class forwards, it may just happen. It would be great to get one or both of these high-quality forwards on the books at Liverpool, it would instantly move us up another level in the Premier League as, at the moment, Luis Suarez seems to be doing it all on his own.
Submitted by Friends of Liverpool